cwdaemon & ptt

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2008
      A week or so ago someone posted a question on the behaviour of cwdaemon
      & ptt. The following is from the xlog discussion group.

      > I was using xlog this last weekend in CQWW, and for the first time
      had tried to get ptt going, as I have always used a foot switch instead.

      > > I know that my serial port interface, as shown in the docs, is
      working OK. The keyer works fine, and the ptt function works fine in
      other applications. But with cwdaemon, I find that when a message is
      sent, the ptt turns on only for a brief instant and turns off again,
      even though the message is still being sent. If the ptt delay parameter
      is set to 50ms, then ptt will stay on for the first word of an Fn
      message (if it is at high speed). If I type in the keyer window, the ptt
      clicks on very briefly with each keypress, but does not stay on long
      enough to actually encompass a character such as 0.

      > > I tried using tlf, which allows the use of the ALT-P command to
      toggle the ptt. If I hit ALT-P during a message, the ptt stays on while
      the message is sent. Hitting ALT-P again turns it off.

      > > So this ptt behavior seems to be in cwdaemon, and it isn't useful
      as it stands. Does anyone else see this? I am not sure what the
      intended behavior is.

      > > Al nh7o

      Hoi Al,

      sorry for the late reply.
      It looks like PTT isn't working at all (* anyone on the list that can
      confirm this? *). When I programmed it, I did not have a setup available
      that uses PTT. With my kenwood TS-870S I don't need it.

      I looks like I need to have another look at the PTT code. Currently I am
      a little hooked up on other projects, so I can't make any short-term
      promises, sorry.

      Regards.
      Joop PG4I

      FYI