Re: [linuxham] cannot get TLF to run

  • Graham Saville
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 3, 2008
      Hi all, I have spent sometime testing today and the results are:

      1) I tried TLF on Ubuntu Intrepid I cannot get TLF to run beyond the
      first DXcluster screen. Running in -d debug mode closes before any
      results are produced.

      2) I tried TLF on ubuntu server edition and it works but this is not
      usable for me on the server

      3) I have tried xTLF but this seems a bit unstable

      does anyone know of a good contest logger for linux that one can easily
      settup contests on such as the RSGB AFS contest

      Graham G1RNZ

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2008
        Graham Saville wrote:
        > Hi all, I have spent sometime testing today and the results are:
        >
        > 1) I tried TLF on Ubuntu Intrepid I cannot get TLF to run beyond the
        > first DXcluster screen. Running in -d debug mode closes before any
        > results are produced.
        >
        > 2) I tried TLF on ubuntu server edition and it works but this is not
        > usable for me on the server
        >
        > 3) I have tried xTLF but this seems a bit unstable
        >
        > does anyone know of a good contest logger for linux that one can easily
        > settup contests on such as the RSGB AFS contest
        >
        > Graham G1RNZ

        Graham, if I read the rules correctly the exchange is RST + serial
        number. If that is the case, then you can use Xlog.

        Xlog is in the repository or you might find a newer version at
        Debian.org. Of course you can get the latest by Googling and build from
        source.

        I had no luck trying the various M$ pieces under WINE.

        Ed W3NR

        back to the 160 wire thats still laying on the ground