Re: [linuxham] cannot get TLF to run

  • Graham Saville
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2008
      Hi Ed thanks for the reply, Yes I used it in Hardy Heron as well without
      any problems but I cannot get it to run in Intrepid. I want to use it
      for a 80m SSB contest I use Xlog as my main logger. I liked TLF as it
      had some good features very similar to SD in windows. I am now free
      of windows so would like to get it working. I will look at it again
      tomorrow may try an older version.

      graham

      Ed wrote:

      > Graham Saville wrote:
      > > hi all, I have installed tlf from the ubuntu intrepid ibex repository
      > > and setup the config file but when I run it in gnome terminal I get the
      > > DX cluster run then when I press ":" which should switch it to tlf I
      > get
      > > a message saying aborting and then program closes.
      > >
      > > any help would be useful I have had this logger running in an older
      > > version of ubuntu.
      > >

      > Bob is correct, the latest is .32.3 and it is the Debianized version of
      > .31. I have used the .32.3 in Ubuntu 8.04 as well as earlier versions of
      > both Ubuntu and Debian. It worked without problems, unless you plan on
      > using it with fldigi for digi contesting.
      >
      > Can you let us know what your plans are for using tlf ? We may be able
      > to find an alternative that may fill your needs.
      >
      > Ed W3NR

    • Graham Saville
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 3, 2008
        Hi all, I have spent sometime testing today and the results are:

        1) I tried TLF on Ubuntu Intrepid I cannot get TLF to run beyond the
        first DXcluster screen. Running in -d debug mode closes before any
        results are produced.

        2) I tried TLF on ubuntu server edition and it works but this is not
        usable for me on the server

        3) I have tried xTLF but this seems a bit unstable

        does anyone know of a good contest logger for linux that one can easily
        settup contests on such as the RSGB AFS contest

        Graham G1RNZ

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2008
          Graham Saville wrote:
          > Hi all, I have spent sometime testing today and the results are:
          >
          > 1) I tried TLF on Ubuntu Intrepid I cannot get TLF to run beyond the
          > first DXcluster screen. Running in -d debug mode closes before any
          > results are produced.
          >
          > 2) I tried TLF on ubuntu server edition and it works but this is not
          > usable for me on the server
          >
          > 3) I have tried xTLF but this seems a bit unstable
          >
          > does anyone know of a good contest logger for linux that one can easily
          > settup contests on such as the RSGB AFS contest
          >
          > Graham G1RNZ

          Graham, if I read the rules correctly the exchange is RST + serial
          number. If that is the case, then you can use Xlog.

          Xlog is in the repository or you might find a newer version at
          Debian.org. Of course you can get the latest by Googling and build from
          source.

          I had no luck trying the various M$ pieces under WINE.

          Ed W3NR

          back to the 160 wire thats still laying on the ground