Re: [linuxham] cannot get TLF to run

    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 2, 2008
      Graham Saville wrote:
      > hi all, I have installed tlf from the ubuntu intrepid ibex repository
      > and setup the config file but when I run it in gnome terminal I get the
      > DX cluster run then when I press ":" which should switch it to tlf I get
      > a message saying aborting and then program closes.
      >
      > any help would be useful I have had this logger running in an older
      > version of ubuntu.

      Bob is correct, the latest is .32.3 and it is the Debianized version of
      .31. I have used the .32.3 in Ubuntu 8.04 as well as earlier versions of
      both Ubuntu and Debian. It worked without problems, unless you plan on
      using it with fldigi for digi contesting.

      Can you let us know what your plans are for using tlf ? We may be able
      to find an alternative that may fill your needs.

      Ed W3NR
    • Graham Saville
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 2, 2008
        Hi Ed thanks for the reply, Yes I used it in Hardy Heron as well without
        any problems but I cannot get it to run in Intrepid. I want to use it
        for a 80m SSB contest I use Xlog as my main logger. I liked TLF as it
        had some good features very similar to SD in windows. I am now free
        of windows so would like to get it working. I will look at it again
        tomorrow may try an older version.

        graham

        Ed wrote:

        > Graham Saville wrote:
        > > hi all, I have installed tlf from the ubuntu intrepid ibex repository
        > > and setup the config file but when I run it in gnome terminal I get the
        > > DX cluster run then when I press ":" which should switch it to tlf I
        > get
        > > a message saying aborting and then program closes.
        > >
        > > any help would be useful I have had this logger running in an older
        > > version of ubuntu.
        > >

        > Bob is correct, the latest is .32.3 and it is the Debianized version of
        > .31. I have used the .32.3 in Ubuntu 8.04 as well as earlier versions of
        > both Ubuntu and Debian. It worked without problems, unless you plan on
        > using it with fldigi for digi contesting.
        >
        > Can you let us know what your plans are for using tlf ? We may be able
        > to find an alternative that may fill your needs.
        >
        > Ed W3NR

      • Graham Saville
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 3, 2008
          Hi all, I have spent sometime testing today and the results are:

          1) I tried TLF on Ubuntu Intrepid I cannot get TLF to run beyond the
          first DXcluster screen. Running in -d debug mode closes before any
          results are produced.

          2) I tried TLF on ubuntu server edition and it works but this is not
          usable for me on the server

          3) I have tried xTLF but this seems a bit unstable

          does anyone know of a good contest logger for linux that one can easily
          settup contests on such as the RSGB AFS contest

          Graham G1RNZ

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 3, 2008
            Graham Saville wrote:
            > Hi all, I have spent sometime testing today and the results are:
            >
            > 1) I tried TLF on Ubuntu Intrepid I cannot get TLF to run beyond the
            > first DXcluster screen. Running in -d debug mode closes before any
            > results are produced.
            >
            > 2) I tried TLF on ubuntu server edition and it works but this is not
            > usable for me on the server
            >
            > 3) I have tried xTLF but this seems a bit unstable
            >
            > does anyone know of a good contest logger for linux that one can easily
            > settup contests on such as the RSGB AFS contest
            >
            > Graham G1RNZ

            Graham, if I read the rules correctly the exchange is RST + serial
            number. If that is the case, then you can use Xlog.

            Xlog is in the repository or you might find a newer version at
            Debian.org. Of course you can get the latest by Googling and build from
            source.

            I had no luck trying the various M$ pieces under WINE.

            Ed W3NR

            back to the 160 wire thats still laying on the ground