fldigi 955 beta posted

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 22, 2006
      I could not reproduce Rick's resize seg fault, but I did see strange
      behavior during a resize. Also found that the new cursor could move
      beyond the extent of the image_width. I think I have fixed both of
      those bugs.

      Regarding the setting of image_width. The cpu usage is directly
      proportional to the image_width setting in the config.h file. If you
      like to work the program either full screen or full window width may I
      suggest that you leave the image_width at a setting that is consistent
      with the bandwidth of your transceiver. For example, I usually set the
      Icom 746PRO DUSB (digital USB) bandwidth to 2.7 k or 3.0 k. I then set
      the image_width define to 3000. If I expand to full screen (1280 x
      1024) I set the scale to x2 and then use the scroll buttons to move to
      my operating audio range. That gives better waterfall definition and
      also reduces the cpu load. Try recompiling on your computer with
      various image_width settings and then check the cpu% for fldigi and also
      for Xfree.

      73s, Dave, W1HKJ