fldigi.946b prob.

  • jpauldurant1
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 18, 2006
      Timeout on serial port talking to tranceiver VIA hamlib.

      System brings up an error message "timeout on frequency or timeout on
      mode. Unable to recover without reboot.

      Setup:
      Yaesu Ft847 communicating at 9600 baud.
      2.1Ghz Athelon 512Meg. fx5200 viedo board. On board sound card using
      port ttyS0 for rig control VIA hamlib. Prob is independant of wheather
      the same serial port is used for snd/rcv or not.

      This prob can be replicated by unpluging the serial port and the
      plugging it back in. When the port is unplugged a message timeout on
      freq or timeout on mode appears. killing one message just brings the
      other up in an endless loop. If the cable is then plugged back in one
      message will appear andyou cannot kill it ( This is the same as
      operating prob observed.)

      gMFSK will not show prob operating or by unpluggin cable and
      replugging it in.

      Expect prob is that the Yaesu is not responding as fast as your timer
      is set for occasionally. Maybe increase timeout interval would fix prob.

      Second prob relates to the popup messages getting into an endless loop
      and not having anyway to stop program. Looks like maybe gMFSK just
      doest have an equivilent message. Either that or only rearm message of
      timeout after comm restored.

      Really like the new program, and expect to make it my main operating
      pgm for digital modes. Hope this helps.

      Respond to Jpauldurant@...(perferred) or via Yahoo at
      Jpauldurant1

      Paul Durant KS4GY

      This problem occurs sporatically. Activity ( ttrs, rcv or just sitting
      there dosent seem to matter. Frequency of occurance is form several
      mins to several hours.
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 18, 2006
        Paul,

        Thank you for the good feedback on the program. I will look at the c++
        wrapper code that I am using for the hamlib interface. That code was
        included with hamlib source code. The timeouts and number of retries
        may not be set correctly. Another Yaesu user reported something similar.

        The program is up to revision 949 by the way.

        73's Dave, W1HKJ
      • Mike
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 18, 2006
          Yaesu  FT-817 here, does the same thing.  Have to use XKill to crash the program if i shut the radio off before closing the program.

          Mike, kd0ar

          Thank you for the good feedback on the program. I will look at the c++
          wrapper code that I am using for the hamlib interface. That code was
          included with hamlib source code. The timeouts and number of retries
          may not be set correctly. Another Yaesu user reported something similar.

          The program is up to revision 949 by the way.

          73's Dave, W1HKJ

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.
        • Leigh L Klotz, Jr.
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 18, 2006
            With my K2 as well I get similar popups. GMFSK just prints them to
            stderr (usually "imcomplete" or "unexpected" followed by part of a
            freqquency response string). I changed fldig not to pop up and it seems
            fine.
            Leigh/WA5ZNU