Fldigi - microHAM Digikeyer - Mac

  • Dino Papas
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 18, 2008
      I just upgraded from a microHAM USB II interface to their Digikeyer.
      I've managed to get the new I/O up and running on W7AY's cocoaModem
      but Fldigi now refuses to toggle the PTT (it worked fine with the USB
      II). I've updated the latest FTDI USB drivers, the microHAM firmware
      on the Digikeyer, and made sure Fldigi's configurations tab sees
      the //dev.usb-serialXXXX device under TTY PTT, but no amount of
      massaging gets PTT working. The built in soundcard works fine, just
      no PTT.

      Any Mac users out there who may have had this experience or any
      recommendations?

      Dino KL0S
    • k9jri
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 1, 2009
        Like you, I have not been successful in getting fldidi 3.10 to work with my Digi Keyer. I
        can get it to function as PTT but not as a rig control port. When trying to use the Digi
        Keyer's serial port it is not able to communicate with the radio (via hamlib) and any
        attempt to try radio control causes the PTT to fail until both fldigi and the uH Router are
        restarted.

        As a benchmark both MacloggerDX (5.0 beta 38) and cocoaModem 2.0 v0.65 work
        perfectly when used either alone or together with the uH Router providing the path for
        both PTT and Rig Control.

        Mike - K9JRI