Re: [linuxham] Running DX Cluster pgm under Linux with Wine

  • David
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 18, 2008
      Hi Jerome.....XDX is a Linux Cluster program
      is in most repositories for different flavours..
      Ubuntu...Fedora....Suse etc
      works extremely well

      73 David VK4BDJ

      Fabian Kurz wrote:

      > Hi Jerome,
      >
      > On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 07:50:19PM -0700, romers romansky wrote:
      > > Has anyone tried to run the ARUser (ve7cc.exe) dx cluster programme
      > > written in visual basic for windows with WINE under Linux?
      > >
      > > Or for than matter any other windows dx cluster program with WINE?
      > > I've almost got it going but not quite, and need some help.
      >
      > RXCLUS by HB9BZA works well under Wine.
      >
      > 73,
      > --
      > Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK * http://fkurz.net/ <http://fkurz.net/>

    • Bob Nielsen
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 18, 2008
        It's somewhat minimal, but I just run colrdx in a terminal. It even
        compiled and runs on my Mac.

        Bob, N7XY
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 18, 2008
          Bob Nielsen wrote:
          > It's somewhat minimal, but I just run colrdx in a terminal. It even
          > compiled and runs on my Mac.
          >
          > Bob, N7XY

          Same here, its just a plain vanilla terminal for a cluster. XDX is also
          a good choice. It will not be easy trying to run a VB app in Wine. You
          will have problems with the .ocx files for one thing. Thats the reason I
          gave up on N1MM with Wine.

          Ed W3NR
        • romers romansky
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 18, 2008
            Thanks Ed and others for your suggestions. I had exactly the same thought about VB being the issue confounding poor Wine. I will look into the suggestions about other cluster programmes.
            Best,
            jerome va7vv

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 18, 2008
              David... I'm going to have a look at that right now -- l'm running suse 10.3
              Best,
              jerome -va7vv