Re: [linuxham] Running DX Cluster pgm under Linux with Wine

  • Fabian Kurz
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 18, 2008
      Hi Jerome,

      On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 07:50:19PM -0700, romers romansky wrote:
      > Has anyone tried to run the ARUser (ve7cc.exe) dx cluster programme
      > written in visual basic for windows with WINE under Linux?
      >
      > Or for than matter any other windows dx cluster program with WINE?
      > I've almost got it going but not quite, and need some help.

      RXCLUS by HB9BZA works well under Wine.

      Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK * http://fkurz.net/
    • David
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 18, 2008
        Hi Jerome.....XDX is a Linux Cluster program
        is in most repositories for different flavours..
        Ubuntu...Fedora....Suse etc
        works extremely well

        73 David VK4BDJ

        Fabian Kurz wrote:

        > Hi Jerome,
        >
        > On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 07:50:19PM -0700, romers romansky wrote:
        > > Has anyone tried to run the ARUser (ve7cc.exe) dx cluster programme
        > > written in visual basic for windows with WINE under Linux?
        > >
        > > Or for than matter any other windows dx cluster program with WINE?
        > > I've almost got it going but not quite, and need some help.
        >
        > RXCLUS by HB9BZA works well under Wine.
        >
        > 73,
        > --
        > Fabian Kurz, DJ1YFK * http://fkurz.net/ <http://fkurz.net/>

      • Bob Nielsen
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 18, 2008
          It's somewhat minimal, but I just run colrdx in a terminal. It even
          compiled and runs on my Mac.

          Bob, N7XY
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 18, 2008
            Bob Nielsen wrote:
            > It's somewhat minimal, but I just run colrdx in a terminal. It even
            > compiled and runs on my Mac.
            >
            > Bob, N7XY

            Same here, its just a plain vanilla terminal for a cluster. XDX is also
            a good choice. It will not be easy trying to run a VB app in Wine. You
            will have problems with the .ocx files for one thing. Thats the reason I
            gave up on N1MM with Wine.

            Ed W3NR
          • romers romansky
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 18, 2008
              Thanks Ed and others for your suggestions. I had exactly the same thought about VB being the issue confounding poor Wine. I will look into the suggestions about other cluster programmes.
              Best,
              jerome va7vv

              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 18, 2008
                David... I'm going to have a look at that right now -- l'm running suse 10.3
                Best,
                jerome -va7vv