Re: [linuxham] RigCat - Kenwood TS570 - Debian unstable

  • roger g6ckr
    Message 1 of 30 , Aug 4, 2008
      > No ttyS0 (COM1)?
      Good point I just replied to a direct mail and missed that.
      first comport should indeed be 0.
      73 Roger
    • Merv Curley
      Message 2 of 30 , Aug 6, 2008
        On August 4, 2008 6:02:44 am w1hkj wrote:
        > Merv Curley wrote:
        > > The other thing, where can I get general information about all
        > > these digital modes. Even the bspk site doesn't talk much about
        > > all the versions of bpsk, or what the difference is to psk31. Go
        > > away for a while and look what happens.
        >
        > Look here: http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp-3.0/Modes/index.htm
        >
        > 73, Dave, W1HKJ

        Very nicely done Dave. More information than I really expected.

        Thank you.

        73

        Merv

        --
        Merv Curley Ve3DAC
        Toronto, Ont.Can

        Linux Debian Unstable
        KDE v. 3.5.8
        Kmail v. 1.9.7
      • Merv Curley
        Message 3 of 30 , Aug 6, 2008
          On August 3, 2008 9:32:59 pm Nate Bargmann wrote:
          > * Merv Curley <mcurley@...> [2008 Aug 03 17:54 -0500]:
          > > You already mentioned CWDaemon, is that what you used for CW or?
          >
          > I've used it with TLF, but not much since TLF doesn't match the way
          > I've learned to log at the keyboard.
          >
          > Not using CWDaemon, but I've used the Rigblaster with CT for CW.
          > Ham logging programs have settled on a common method for CW and PTT
          > keying which allows good products like the Rigblaster to exist.
          >
          > > Thanks Nate for the help, especially the ham stuff. You will see
          > > in my note to Ed that RigCAT is now working. So simple.....
          >
          > You're welcome, Merv. Glad to hear it's working.
          >
          > 73, de Nate >>

          Could I send a note to your personal site about setting up my
          hardware? Rather off topic stuff for a software List. Some spam
          filters are a bit ruthless, hi.

          Merv Curley, Ve3DAC
          Toronto, Ont.Can

          Linux Debian Unstable
          KDE v. 3.5.8
          Kmail v. 1.9.7
        • Nate Bargmann
          Message 4 of 30 , Aug 6, 2008
            * Merv Curley <mcurley@...> [2008 Aug 06 19:40 -0500]:
            > On August 3, 2008 9:32:59 pm Nate Bargmann wrote:
            > > * Merv Curley <mcurley@...> [2008 Aug 03 17:54 -0500]:
            > > > You already mentioned CWDaemon, is that what you used for CW or?
            > >
            > > I've used it with TLF, but not much since TLF doesn't match the way
            > > I've learned to log at the keyboard.
            > >
            > > Not using CWDaemon, but I've used the Rigblaster with CT for CW.
            > > Ham logging programs have settled on a common method for CW and PTT
            > > keying which allows good products like the Rigblaster to exist.
            > >
            > > > Thanks Nate for the help, especially the ham stuff. You will see
            > > > in my note to Ed that RigCAT is now working. So simple.....
            > >
            > > You're welcome, Merv. Glad to hear it's working.
            > >
            > > 73, de Nate >>
            >
            > Could I send a note to your personal site about setting up my
            > hardware? Rather off topic stuff for a software List. Some spam
            > filters are a bit ruthless, hi.

            If it would be of interest to Fldigi users, then it probably would be
            better on Dave's site or if it's Hamlib related it would be better
            there, which I have access to as a Hamlib developer.

            I'd be happy to take a look at it either way.

            73, de Nate >>