Re: [linuxham] Rigblaster Plus and Fldigi

  • Bob Nielsen
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 7:39 AM
      On Aug 1, 2008, at 4:24 AM, Nate Bargmann wrote:

      > * Merv Curley <mcurley@...> [2008 Jul 31 23:42 -0500]:
      > > More help requested
      > >
      > > Some 6-7 years ago I used a Rigblaster Plus with some Linux software
      > > for PSk31, but now nothing seems to make sense for hooking all the
      > > hardware bits together. I had an RS-232 cable from the Rigblaster to
      > > the computer, now I have a RS232, TS520 to computer so I don't
      > > understand how the RS232 cable for the Rigblaster is going to
      > > function.
      >
      > What the RS232 will do is interface the keying signal provided from
      > the
      > computer to PTT on the '520. That's all, nothing more.

      The Rigblaster Plus will also use the RS232 connection to provide CW
      keying with the appropriate software.

      Bob, N7XY
    • Martin, AA6E
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1 8:15 AM
        Also, note that the RS232 connection is not really necessary at all, even for T/R switching, if you're willing to use VOX for T/R control.  The computer audio will cause the rig to transmit, after a very short delay.  I don't run that way myself, but it ought to be OK.

        73 Martin AA6E

        On Fri, Aug 1, 2008 at 10:39 AM, Bob Nielsen <n7xy@...> wrote:

        On Aug 1, 2008, at 4:24 AM, Nate Bargmann wrote:

        > * Merv Curley <mcurley@...> [2008 Jul 31 23:42 -0500]:
        > > More help requested
        > >
        > > Some 6-7 years ago I used a Rigblaster Plus with some Linux software
        > > for PSk31, but now nothing seems to make sense for hooking all the
        > > hardware bits together. I had an RS-232 cable from the Rigblaster to
        > > the computer, now I have a RS232, TS520 to computer so I don't
        > > understand how the RS232 cable for the Rigblaster is going to
        > > function.
        >
        > What the RS232 will do is interface the keying signal provided from
        > the
        > computer to PTT on the '520. That's all, nothing more.

        The Rigblaster Plus will also use the RS232 connection to provide CW
        keying with the appropriate software.

        Bob, N7XY

        <*> Your email settings:
           Individual Email | Traditional