Re: TS570D and hamlib problem.

  • aalested
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 10, 2008
      Hi Tom.

      > As I have an OpenSuSE too (10.2) I can help:
      >
      > - Start Yast (Graphical Mode)
      > - choose 'Security and Users' in left tab
      > - choose 'User Management'
      > - select your account and click on 'Edit'-button below
      > - choose second tab for 'Details'
      > - scroll down the group list on the right side and select uucp
      > - 'Accept' should do it finally

      Ok, but I have fixed it. What I forgot was to log in log out. I ran
      SuSEconfig, and it didn't work. Then I wondered why it was necessary
      to reboot. And it wasn't, but after it worked as user too :-)

      > If you want to do it in textmode, see bleow.
      >
      > > I do have the usermod too:
      > >
      > > usermod -G
      > > usermod: option requires an argument -- 'G'
      >
      > Opps. My mistake. Please use the 'groups' command to get the list of
      groups
      > you are in, e.g.
      >
      > > groups my_account
      > users dialout video wheel

      Yes, that also works here:

      erikja@erikja:~> groups
      users dialout uucp video

      :-)

      > Than you can use 'usermod'
      >
      > > usermod -G users,dialout,video,wheel,uucp my_account

      That I'll save.

      > afterwards you will get
      >
      > > groups my_account
      > users dialout uucp video wheel
      >
      > Be careful to use commas between the groups and no whitespaces.

      Tnx for the advice.

      > 73,
      >
      > de Tom DL1JBE.
      >
      > --