Waterfall a solid color Red or Gray

  • Beischel
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 6, 2008
      I have fldigi installed on Kubuntu 8.04 with KDE4. gmfsk is also
      installed and works just fine. However, with fldigi the waterfall is
      completely red or gray (it set to B&W) and does not very in color or
      intensity. It will receive signal if I just click around and
      "accidently" hit on a signal, But I cannot see any signal in the
      waterfall. Any suggestions?

      Duffy
      www.wb8nut.com
    • Rick Kunath
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 6, 2008
        Beischel wrote:
        > I have fldigi installed on Kubuntu 8.04 with KDE4. gmfsk is also
        > installed and works just fine. However, with fldigi the waterfall is
        > completely red or gray (it set to B&W) and does not very in color or
        > intensity. It will receive signal if I just click around and
        > "accidently" hit on a signal, But I cannot see any signal in the
        > waterfall. Any suggestions?

        Adjust the values in the upper signal level and signal range boxes at
        the bottom of the Fldigi window. Mine are at -10 and 35, but set yours
        so the waterfall looks good to you. You'll need to adjust these for
        differing band conditions.

        Rick Kunath, k9ao
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 6, 2008
          Rick Kunath wrote:
          > Beischel wrote:
          >> I have fldigi installed on Kubuntu 8.04 with KDE4. gmfsk is also
          >> installed and works just fine. However, with fldigi the waterfall is
          >> completely red or gray (it set to B&W) and does not very in color or
          >> intensity. It will receive signal if I just click around and
          >> "accidently" hit on a signal, But I cannot see any signal in the
          >> waterfall. Any suggestions?
          >
          > Adjust the values in the upper signal level and signal range boxes at
          > the bottom of the Fldigi window. Mine are at -10 and 35, but set yours
          > so the waterfall looks good to you. You'll need to adjust these for
          > differing band conditions.
          >
          > Rick Kunath, k9ao

          If that fails, you will need to delete your ./fldigi folder and start
          over. Make sure you copy your macros, etc so they are not lost.

          Ed W3NR
        • Beischel
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 6, 2008
            --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Rick Kunath <k9ao@...> wrote:

            > Adjust the values in the upper signal level and signal range boxes at
            > the bottom of the Fldigi window. Mine are at -10 and 35, but set yours
            > so the waterfall looks good to you. You'll need to adjust these for
            > differing band conditions.
            >
            > Rick Kunath, k9ao

            Thanks! That did the trick.

            Duffy