Possible addition of PSKReporter feature....

  • philipjsg
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2008
      Hi,

      At field day, I was demoing the work I have been doing on a monitoring
      network for (mostly) PSK31 stations. There are a bunch of people
      (between 40 and 80) who leave their radios on and then feed
      information on which callsigns they hear into the network. This is
      then used by other hams to check where their signal is being heard, or
      just the propagation conditions. It is also used by the monitoring
      stations themselves for bragging rights! There is a client that plugs
      into the PSK decoding software (the panoramic decoder) that then
      forwards the information to a server over the internet.

      The home page is http://pskreporter.info/

      I was asked by one of the people at my local field day whether there
      was a client for fldigi (which was his program of choice). Currently,
      the only plugin runs on Windows and is for DM780 (part of Ham Radio
      Deluxe). Would anybody be interested in building a plugin for fldigi /
      would it even be considered useful?

      73 Philip N1DQ