Re: [linuxham] RTS/DTR problem with Intel serial port??

  • Hal
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 22, 2008
      On 06-21, Rick Kunath wrote:
      > Ed wrote:
      > > Hal wrote:
      > >> Greetings: Anyone familiar with the Intel i815E I/O chip that
      > >> seems different than "standard" RS232?? I can't get PTT working using a
      > >> MB with that chip.. The RTS and DTR ports stay "locked" on -12 v....
      >
      > Is this com1 or com2? As I recall the com2 port on that motherboard
      > chipset can be jumpered for either rs-232, rs-422, or rs-485. If it's
      > com2, have you jumpered for rs-232 on the motherboard?
      >
      > I'm guessing you might be using com1 (/dev/ttyS0) for rig control and
      > com2 (/dev/ttyS1) for PTT?
      >
      > Worth a shot anyway. I'd have thought the port would have been jumpered
      > for rs-232 by default, but who knows.
      >
      > Rick Kunath, k9ao

      Update: I have it working now with TWPsk keying OK and will try
      with FLDigi as soon as I get it working on that machine..

      Don't know why, but Ed's comment about something being "stuck"
      made me flail away.. For some reason--even though the BIOS was set to
      0x3f8 and 0x2f8, ints 4 and 3--I had the problem.. When I changed the
      BIOS to "auto" for both; all is now well; at least with ttyS1..

      For kicks I ran several RS232 diag pgms again and two failed
      with three others saying all is well... Ugh... HI..

      Thanks all for the input and prodding.. Vy 73..

      --

      Hal UNIX-GNU/Linux - Slackware 11.0, 2.4.33.3
      .