Re: fldigi remote daemon

  • vu2fly
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 17, 2008
      --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, Stelios Bounanos <lham@...> wrote:

      > > Unfortunately last time I tried hamlib (nov/dec 2007) it did not
      work
      > > for my rig (Kenwood TS-50). I tried debugging to trace the
      problem a
      > > bit, but was not successful (due to various reasons - rig is
      located
      > > in India/VU2LID etc.) at that time.
      >
      > The current release of hamlib (1.2.7.1) supports the Kenwood TS-
      50S. Is
      > this the rig model that you tried to use with your TS-50 back in
      Dec?

      The release of hamlib that I tried (Nov/Dec 2007) also said that it
      supports TS-50/TS-50S - but it was untested (according to the hamlib
      web page it is untested even now). Yes this was the rig model that I
      tried with rigctrl.

      > > I thought that I will probably have better luck with fldigi's own
      rig
      > > control interface (Which I think can work without the help of
      hamlib
      > > - AFAIK). For testing I tried HRD running on VMware inside the
      remote
      > > Linux machine - this worked 100%.
      >
      > You are correct that fldigi's rigCAT doesn't rely on hamlib.
      >
      > I think the most productive thing to do would be to get hamlib to
      play
      > well with the TS-50, either by writing a new rig model or extending
      the
      > TS-50S. Then you'd be able to use all programs that support hamlib.
      >
      > And IIRC HRD can export its rig control definition to a text file.

      Thanks !I will try this. I did copy some of the configuration
      parameters from the working HRD setup while briefly trying to debug
      without luck.

      73 de salim vu2lid / n8li