S/N not working in MFSK and Olivia modes

  • garylinnrobinson
    Message 1 of 1 , May 27, 2008
      I am using FLDigi 2.10.3 and have only 1 minor problem which I have
      ignored for some time but decided to explore the possibility of
      "fixing" it. In Olivia mode and MFSK the S/N indication box in the
      lower left corner next to the box that shows the current mode - I get
      readings on the signal strength - S/N ratio.

      In PSK and other modes it seems to work correctly and somewhat the
      same as other programs. In Olivia and MFSK it is always +9.5 db or
      higher and often as high as +40 to +50 db - even on marginal signals.

      Has anyone else noticed this or is this only on my computer - and any
      ideas on why it is so off the wall in comparison to how it reads S/N
      ratio on other modes? I hesitate to give someone a sig report on
      Olivia (500/16,500/8,1000/32) of S/N = 50 db when thet are barely
      audible ...