Re: [linuxham] prospective of 1kc

  • "Glenn (KØBO)"
    Message 1 of 14 , May 27, 2008
      Rick Kunath wrote:
      > Glenn Valenta wrote:
      >
      >> With radio on PSKU (usb) the signal is 1kc too high
      >>
      >> With the radio on PSKL (lsb) the signal is 1kc too low.
      >
      > So what is the purpose of this offset setting in the radio?
      >
      > It makes no sense. It shouldn't be there for CAT control.
      >
      > Rick Kunath, k9ao

      The manual never refers to a soundcard on this interface but instead to
      a hardware TNC for packet. Why the PSK31u/l presets are set to 1000
      instead of 0 was probably that the R&D shop at Yeasu used HRD as the
      test bed. But that's a total assumption on my part.

      FWIW, I replaced the FT897 with a HPsignal generator and confirmed the
      feq with a feq counter. Same results.

      I hope to build the interface for my IC706Mk2G and FT897D soon and see
      if the same problem arises. I'm doughtful there will be an issue.

      Thank you for your help!