fldigi crash on eeePC/Xandros

  • Andy
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2008
      Hi All,
      Has anyone seen the following crash on fldigi? It happens with both
      2.07 binary download and on 2.10.3 self-compiled. I start fldigi and
      if I start typing in the TX window the program crashes and it looks
      like X and IceWM restart. If I start fldigi and hit the TX button and
      leave it idling for 10 seconds or so, stop TX and then type it works fine.

      2.07 binary was downloaded from the Berlios site. 2.10.3 was compiled
      from source with fltk-1.1.9, portaudio
      (pa_stable_v19_20071207.tar.gz), gcc 4.1.2 on my Debian system and the
      binary copied to eeePC. The eeePC is stock apart from adding hamlib,
      libportaudio2 and libsamplerate. I thought perhaps my saved config was
      damaged so I have recreated all that again.

      Both 2.10.3 and 2.07 work well apart from this startup hiccup. In fact
      I had great fun with the eeePC and an FT817 last weekend out portable
      doing a SOTA activation (http://www.sota.org.uk/)

      Is this a known issue? Any suggestions greatly welcomed.

      Andy
      MM0FMF