Re: Puppy/fldigi/eeePC/RigCat

  • Don Tuite
    Message 1 of 6 , May 11, 2008
      > Refer to the latest information about the Puppy release for fldigi:
      >
      > http://www.w1hkj.com/emcpup.html
      >
      > and for information on using and setting up the rig.xml file:
      >
      > http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp/TransceiverControl.html
      >
      > Dave, W1HKJ

      Thanks. That ought to do it.

      Okay, minor glitch. I don't do this every day.

      I used "mount" to extract the files from the ISO and place them into
      a subdirectory under /home/user on the eeePC. I think I ought to be
      able to copy them to a USB drive, but when I try sudo cp, I get
      an "input/output" error and the files written to the USB drive are
      empty or truncated. (I'm more or less following the instructions for
      the second approach at the eeePC Wiki:
      http://wiki.eeeuser.com/howto:installpuppylinux, which involve adding
      a section to the grub menu -- something I've done before.)

      At this point in the game, friends, I could use a hint.

      (Maybe two or three.)

      Don, NR7X