Re: [linuxham] fldigi with RigMaster ?

  • Andrew Cartwright
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2008
      Tony Hunt wrote:
      > Hi Ive just joined the group.
      >
      > Running Ubuntu with fldigi and a standard home built sound card interface.
      > Very impressed with the operation of fldigi. I have some friends who run
      > RigMaster interfaces. I was wondering if these work with Linux ?
      >
      > There appears to be no linux drivers (that I can find). From what I can see
      > in the Windows RigMaster drivers they have alot of FTDI chipsets in the
      > RigMaster. If thats the case theres a fair chance that the drivers are
      > actually in the 2.6 Linux Kernel from experience. Can anybody confirm this
      > line of thinking with Rigmaster ?
      >
      > What happens with Rig control for the TS2000 for example via fldigi through
      > hamlib ?
      > Thanks in advance. Looking forward to some comments on this one.
      >
      > Tony Hunt VK5AH

      Hi Tony,

      I am using an FTDI FT232R based USB to serial converter with Ubuntu
      Gutsy. The drivers are in the kernel, the only issue I had was that
      Brltty tries to grab the ftdi chip first, remove the Brltty package and
      the serial device will be under /dev/ttyUSB0

      All works great for PTT and CAT control of my FT897D

      Regards

      Andrew - G7MNS