Re: [linuxham] fldigi with RigMaster ?

    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2008
      Tony Hunt wrote:
      > Hi Ive just joined the group.
      >
      > Running Ubuntu with fldigi and a standard home built sound card interface.
      > Very impressed with the operation of fldigi. I have some friends who run
      > RigMaster interfaces. I was wondering if these work with Linux ?
      >
      > There appears to be no linux drivers (that I can find). From what I can see
      > in the Windows RigMaster drivers they have alot of FTDI chipsets in the
      > RigMaster. If thats the case theres a fair chance that the drivers are
      > actually in the 2.6 Linux Kernel from experience. Can anybody confirm this
      > line of thinking with Rigmaster ?
      >
      > What happens with Rig control for the TS2000 for example via fldigi through
      > hamlib ?
      > Thanks in advance. Looking forward to some comments on this one.
      >
      > Tony Hunt VK5AH

      Take a look here ::

      http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm

      Unless rig expert has hacked the chip ??

      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2008
        Tony Hunt wrote:
        > Sorry I meant Rig Expert not Rig master. That was a lousy start to posting
        > on here wasnt it ?
        >
        > Tony Hunt

        Stick around.....you are not the first and probably will not be the last....

        Ed W3NR

        BTW....Google is you friend
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2008
          Tony Hunt wrote:
          > Sorry I meant Rig Expert not Rig master. That was a lousy start to posting
          > on here wasnt it ?
          >
          > Tony Hunt

          Google says 62.700 hits for ftdi and Linux.

          Ed W3NR
        • Andrew Cartwright
          Message 4 of 7 , May 2, 2008
            Tony Hunt wrote:
            > Hi Ive just joined the group.
            >
            > Running Ubuntu with fldigi and a standard home built sound card interface.
            > Very impressed with the operation of fldigi. I have some friends who run
            > RigMaster interfaces. I was wondering if these work with Linux ?
            >
            > There appears to be no linux drivers (that I can find). From what I can see
            > in the Windows RigMaster drivers they have alot of FTDI chipsets in the
            > RigMaster. If thats the case theres a fair chance that the drivers are
            > actually in the 2.6 Linux Kernel from experience. Can anybody confirm this
            > line of thinking with Rigmaster ?
            >
            > What happens with Rig control for the TS2000 for example via fldigi through
            > hamlib ?
            > Thanks in advance. Looking forward to some comments on this one.
            >
            > Tony Hunt VK5AH

            Hi Tony,

            I am using an FTDI FT232R based USB to serial converter with Ubuntu
            Gutsy. The drivers are in the kernel, the only issue I had was that
            Brltty tries to grab the ftdi chip first, remove the Brltty package and
            the serial device will be under /dev/ttyUSB0

            All works great for PTT and CAT control of my FT897D

            Regards

            Andrew - G7MNS