RE: fldigi with RigMaster ?

  • Tony Hunt
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2 5:32 AM
      Sorry I meant Rig Expert not Rig master. That was a lousy start to posting
      on here wasnt it ?

      Tony Hunt
    • Joe Barr
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2 5:47 AM
        On Fri, 2008-05-02 at 22:02 +0930, Tony Hunt wrote:
        > Sorry I meant Rig Expert not Rig master. That was a lousy start to posting
        > on here wasnt it ?
        >
        > Tony Hunt

        Well, Tony, I have to admit, the rest of us hear are pretty neer perfect
        in all we say and doo, so it does sort of taint your image somwhat, per
        se, as such, etc. ;)

        Welcome!

        Joe
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2 7:00 AM
          Tony Hunt wrote:
          > Hi Ive just joined the group.
          >
          > Running Ubuntu with fldigi and a standard home built sound card interface.
          > Very impressed with the operation of fldigi. I have some friends who run
          > RigMaster interfaces. I was wondering if these work with Linux ?
          >
          > There appears to be no linux drivers (that I can find). From what I can see
          > in the Windows RigMaster drivers they have alot of FTDI chipsets in the
          > RigMaster. If thats the case theres a fair chance that the drivers are
          > actually in the 2.6 Linux Kernel from experience. Can anybody confirm this
          > line of thinking with Rigmaster ?
          >
          > What happens with Rig control for the TS2000 for example via fldigi through
          > hamlib ?
          > Thanks in advance. Looking forward to some comments on this one.
          >
          > Tony Hunt VK5AH

          Take a look here ::

          http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm

          Unless rig expert has hacked the chip ??

          Message 4 of 7 , May 2 7:01 AM
            Tony Hunt wrote:
            > Sorry I meant Rig Expert not Rig master. That was a lousy start to posting
            > on here wasnt it ?
            >
            > Tony Hunt

            Stick around.....you are not the first and probably will not be the last....

            Ed W3NR

            BTW....Google is you friend
            Message 5 of 7 , May 2 7:12 AM
              Tony Hunt wrote:
              > Sorry I meant Rig Expert not Rig master. That was a lousy start to posting
              > on here wasnt it ?
              >
              > Tony Hunt

              Google says 62.700 hits for ftdi and Linux.

              Ed W3NR
            • Andrew Cartwright
              Message 6 of 7 , May 2 9:08 AM
                Tony Hunt wrote:
                > Hi Ive just joined the group.
                >
                > Running Ubuntu with fldigi and a standard home built sound card interface.
                > Very impressed with the operation of fldigi. I have some friends who run
                > RigMaster interfaces. I was wondering if these work with Linux ?
                >
                > There appears to be no linux drivers (that I can find). From what I can see
                > in the Windows RigMaster drivers they have alot of FTDI chipsets in the
                > RigMaster. If thats the case theres a fair chance that the drivers are
                > actually in the 2.6 Linux Kernel from experience. Can anybody confirm this
                > line of thinking with Rigmaster ?
                >
                > What happens with Rig control for the TS2000 for example via fldigi through
                > hamlib ?
                > Thanks in advance. Looking forward to some comments on this one.
                >
                > Tony Hunt VK5AH

                Hi Tony,

                I am using an FTDI FT232R based USB to serial converter with Ubuntu
                Gutsy. The drivers are in the kernel, the only issue I had was that
                Brltty tries to grab the ftdi chip first, remove the Brltty package and
                the serial device will be under /dev/ttyUSB0

                All works great for PTT and CAT control of my FT897D

                Regards

                Andrew - G7MNS