fldigi with RigMaster ?

  • Tony Hunt
    Message 1 of 7 , May 2, 2008
      Hi Ive just joined the group.

      Running Ubuntu with fldigi and a standard home built sound card interface.
      Very impressed with the operation of fldigi. I have some friends who run
      RigMaster interfaces. I was wondering if these work with Linux ?

      There appears to be no linux drivers (that I can find). From what I can see
      in the Windows RigMaster drivers they have alot of FTDI chipsets in the
      RigMaster. If thats the case theres a fair chance that the drivers are
      actually in the 2.6 Linux Kernel from experience. Can anybody confirm this
      line of thinking with Rigmaster ?

      What happens with Rig control for the TS2000 for example via fldigi through
      hamlib ?
      Thanks in advance. Looking forward to some comments on this one.

      Tony Hunt VK5AH
    • Tony Hunt
      Message 2 of 7 , May 2, 2008
        Sorry I meant Rig Expert not Rig master. That was a lousy start to posting
        on here wasnt it ?

        Tony Hunt
      • Joe Barr
        Message 3 of 7 , May 2, 2008
          On Fri, 2008-05-02 at 22:02 +0930, Tony Hunt wrote:
          > Sorry I meant Rig Expert not Rig master. That was a lousy start to posting
          > on here wasnt it ?
          >
          > Tony Hunt

          Well, Tony, I have to admit, the rest of us hear are pretty neer perfect
          in all we say and doo, so it does sort of taint your image somwhat, per
          se, as such, etc. ;)

          Welcome!

          Joe
          Message 4 of 7 , May 2, 2008
            Tony Hunt wrote:
            > Hi Ive just joined the group.
            >
            > Running Ubuntu with fldigi and a standard home built sound card interface.
            > Very impressed with the operation of fldigi. I have some friends who run
            > RigMaster interfaces. I was wondering if these work with Linux ?
            >
            > There appears to be no linux drivers (that I can find). From what I can see
            > in the Windows RigMaster drivers they have alot of FTDI chipsets in the
            > RigMaster. If thats the case theres a fair chance that the drivers are
            > actually in the 2.6 Linux Kernel from experience. Can anybody confirm this
            > line of thinking with Rigmaster ?
            >
            > What happens with Rig control for the TS2000 for example via fldigi through
            > hamlib ?
            > Thanks in advance. Looking forward to some comments on this one.
            >
            > Tony Hunt VK5AH

            Take a look here ::

            http://www.ftdichip.com/FTDrivers.htm

            Unless rig expert has hacked the chip ??

            Message 5 of 7 , May 2, 2008
              Tony Hunt wrote:
              > Sorry I meant Rig Expert not Rig master. That was a lousy start to posting
              > on here wasnt it ?
              >
              > Tony Hunt

              Stick around.....you are not the first and probably will not be the last....

              Ed W3NR

              BTW....Google is you friend
              Message 6 of 7 , May 2, 2008
                Tony Hunt wrote:
                > Sorry I meant Rig Expert not Rig master. That was a lousy start to posting
                > on here wasnt it ?
                >
                > Tony Hunt

                Google says 62.700 hits for ftdi and Linux.

                Ed W3NR
              • Andrew Cartwright
                Message 7 of 7 , May 2, 2008
                  Tony Hunt wrote:
                  > Hi Ive just joined the group.
                  >
                  > Running Ubuntu with fldigi and a standard home built sound card interface.
                  > Very impressed with the operation of fldigi. I have some friends who run
                  > RigMaster interfaces. I was wondering if these work with Linux ?
                  >
                  > There appears to be no linux drivers (that I can find). From what I can see
                  > in the Windows RigMaster drivers they have alot of FTDI chipsets in the
                  > RigMaster. If thats the case theres a fair chance that the drivers are
                  > actually in the 2.6 Linux Kernel from experience. Can anybody confirm this
                  > line of thinking with Rigmaster ?
                  >
                  > What happens with Rig control for the TS2000 for example via fldigi through
                  > hamlib ?
                  > Thanks in advance. Looking forward to some comments on this one.
                  >
                  > Tony Hunt VK5AH

                  Hi Tony,

                  I am using an FTDI FT232R based USB to serial converter with Ubuntu
                  Gutsy. The drivers are in the kernel, the only issue I had was that
                  Brltty tries to grab the ftdi chip first, remove the Brltty package and
                  the serial device will be under /dev/ttyUSB0

                  All works great for PTT and CAT control of my FT897D

                  Regards

                  Andrew - G7MNS