Re: [linuxham] Fldigi 0.933 beta posted

  • Leigh L Klotz, Jr.
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 10, 2006
      When I addes the button to gmfsk I put it in the settings. I also was
      working on a mode-dependent version...probably CW and Other only, as the
      CW center is usually lower. It would be great if fldigi did that.

      Also, it looks like the sign bug on LSB isn't fixed. I sent a patch to
      Tomi for gmfsk for this and I think the bug was present in gmfsk-hkj as
      well. (It QSY's the wrong direction on the low bands or on LSB on the
      high bands. Hamlib does provide the info necessary to get it right.)

      Leigh/WA5ZNU

      On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 7:43 am, Rick Kunath wrote:
      > w1hkj wrote:
      >> The PTT problem with receive-only rigs should be fixed in this
      >> version.
      >
      > Works beautifully here for me Dave, thanks so much.
      >
      > One other question on the QSY feature... where does "sweet spot" number
      > come from? Is this coming from Hamlib, or is it settable somewhere
      > (src,
      > etc.)?
      >
      > Having lots of fun,
      >
      > Rick Kunath, k9ao
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Leigh L. Klotz, Jr.
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 10, 2006
        Below the code I sent to Tomi to fix my QSY button sign error in gMFSK
        0.7.1pre.
        if (hamlib_qsy) {
        gfloat f = conf_get_float("hamlib/cfreq");
        hamlib_qsy = FALSE;
        G_LOCK(hamlib_mutex);
        if (mode == RIG_MODE_LSB || mode == RIG_MODE_RTTYR || mode
        == RIG_MODE_CWR || mode == RIG_MODE_PKTLSB || mode == RIG_MODE_ECSSLSB)
        ret = rig_set_freq(rig, RIG_VFO_CURR, ((gdouble) freq) -
        trx_get_freq() + f);
        else
        ret = rig_set_freq(rig, RIG_VFO_CURR, ((gdouble) freq) +
        trx_get_freq() - f);
        G_UNLOCK(hamlib_mutex);

        if (ret != RIG_OK) {
        str = g_strdup_printf(_("rig_set_freq failed: %s"),
        rigerror(ret));
        statusbar_set_main(str);
        g_free(str);
        continue;
        }
        waterfall_set_frequency(waterfall, f);
        }

        The corresponding code in fldigi is in hamlib.cxx
        if (hamlib_qsy) {
        long int fmid = 1000; // this is the sweet spot frequency
        long int f = wf->rfcarrier() + wf->carrier() - fmid;

        So it would be something like
        if (hamlib_qsy) {
        long int fmid = 1000; // TODO: Read this from config
        long int f = 0;
        if (mode == RIG_MODE_LSB || mode == RIG_MODE_RTTYR || mode
        == RIG_MODE_CWR || mode == RIG_MODE_PKTLSB || mode == RIG_MODE_ECSSLSB)
        f = wf->rfcarrier() + wf->carrier() + fmid;
        else
        f = wf->rfcarrier() + wf->carrier() - fmid;

        This doesn't take into account the separation of configuration into
        600Hz or so for CW and 1000Hz or so for the digital modes.

        73,
        Leigh/WA5ZNU
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 10, 2006
          Thank you Leigh,

          Your analysis of the problem in both programs was correct, but there
          were a few missing pieces in fldigi to insure that the waterfall scale
          and frequency values tracked correctly.

          Also had to look at some of the other problems that were reported.

          You can set the "sweet spot" frequency for your transceiver in the
          src/config.h file. It is a #define for now but will probably be
          configurable on the tabbed configuration dialog in a future release.

          Joe, KD8ATU, reported some problems with Olivia after making changes to
          fix a broken REV mode. I have not had a chance to bench test that yet,
          but will early tomorrow morning.

          Please report any problems as you find them. The process being used to
          develop and improve fldigi is called Rapid Application Development. As
          alpha and beta testers you have the opportunity to reflect your own
          preferences for look, feel and operation in the final product.
          Unfortunately, that means you may have to cycle through quite a few
          revisions before everything stabilizes. For those who have just joined
          the fray I should tell you that fldigi development only started a little
          over three months ago.

          I will go back and look at gmfsk-hkj QSY routines sometime later this week.

          73s, Dave, W1HKJ