Fldigi 0.933 beta posted

    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 10, 2006
      The PTT problem with receive-only rigs should be fixed in this version.
      If you can test that type of device please do so and report your
      results. I retested the hamlib interface to my Argonaut V and it
      continues to work properly. If you have trouble with any other
      tranceiver or receiver please let me know with as much detail as possible.

      Thanks.

      Dave, W1HKJ
    • Rick Kunath
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 10, 2006
        w1hkj wrote:
        > The PTT problem with receive-only rigs should be fixed in this version.

        Works beautifully here for me Dave, thanks so much.

        One other question on the QSY feature... where does "sweet spot" number
        come from? Is this coming from Hamlib, or is it settable somewhere (src,
        etc.)?

        Having lots of fun,

        Rick Kunath, k9ao
      • Joe Veldhuis
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 10, 2006
          It is configured in the source. Specifically, in
          src/rigcontrol/hamlib.cxx on line 177.

          -Joe, KD8ATU

          Rick Kunath wrote:
          > One other question on the QSY feature... where does "sweet spot" number
          > come from? Is this coming from Hamlib, or is it settable somewhere (src,
          > etc.)?
        • Leigh L Klotz, Jr.
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 10, 2006
            When I addes the button to gmfsk I put it in the settings. I also was
            working on a mode-dependent version...probably CW and Other only, as the
            CW center is usually lower. It would be great if fldigi did that.

            Also, it looks like the sign bug on LSB isn't fixed. I sent a patch to
            Tomi for gmfsk for this and I think the bug was present in gmfsk-hkj as
            well. (It QSY's the wrong direction on the low bands or on LSB on the
            high bands. Hamlib does provide the info necessary to get it right.)

            Leigh/WA5ZNU

            On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 7:43 am, Rick Kunath wrote:
            > w1hkj wrote:
            >> The PTT problem with receive-only rigs should be fixed in this
            >> version.
            >
            > Works beautifully here for me Dave, thanks so much.
            >
            > One other question on the QSY feature... where does "sweet spot" number
            > come from? Is this coming from Hamlib, or is it settable somewhere
            > (src,
            > etc.)?
            >
            > Having lots of fun,
            >
            > Rick Kunath, k9ao
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Leigh L. Klotz, Jr.
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 10, 2006
              Below the code I sent to Tomi to fix my QSY button sign error in gMFSK
              0.7.1pre.
              if (hamlib_qsy) {
              gfloat f = conf_get_float("hamlib/cfreq");
              hamlib_qsy = FALSE;
              G_LOCK(hamlib_mutex);
              if (mode == RIG_MODE_LSB || mode == RIG_MODE_RTTYR || mode
              == RIG_MODE_CWR || mode == RIG_MODE_PKTLSB || mode == RIG_MODE_ECSSLSB)
              ret = rig_set_freq(rig, RIG_VFO_CURR, ((gdouble) freq) -
              trx_get_freq() + f);
              else
              ret = rig_set_freq(rig, RIG_VFO_CURR, ((gdouble) freq) +
              trx_get_freq() - f);
              G_UNLOCK(hamlib_mutex);

              if (ret != RIG_OK) {
              str = g_strdup_printf(_("rig_set_freq failed: %s"),
              rigerror(ret));
              statusbar_set_main(str);
              g_free(str);
              continue;
              }
              waterfall_set_frequency(waterfall, f);
              }

              The corresponding code in fldigi is in hamlib.cxx
              if (hamlib_qsy) {
              long int fmid = 1000; // this is the sweet spot frequency
              long int f = wf->rfcarrier() + wf->carrier() - fmid;

              So it would be something like
              if (hamlib_qsy) {
              long int fmid = 1000; // TODO: Read this from config
              long int f = 0;
              if (mode == RIG_MODE_LSB || mode == RIG_MODE_RTTYR || mode
              == RIG_MODE_CWR || mode == RIG_MODE_PKTLSB || mode == RIG_MODE_ECSSLSB)
              f = wf->rfcarrier() + wf->carrier() + fmid;
              else
              f = wf->rfcarrier() + wf->carrier() - fmid;

              This doesn't take into account the separation of configuration into
              600Hz or so for CW and 1000Hz or so for the digital modes.

              73,
              Leigh/WA5ZNU
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 10, 2006
                Thank you Leigh,

                Your analysis of the problem in both programs was correct, but there
                were a few missing pieces in fldigi to insure that the waterfall scale
                and frequency values tracked correctly.

                Also had to look at some of the other problems that were reported.

                You can set the "sweet spot" frequency for your transceiver in the
                src/config.h file. It is a #define for now but will probably be
                configurable on the tabbed configuration dialog in a future release.

                Joe, KD8ATU, reported some problems with Olivia after making changes to
                fix a broken REV mode. I have not had a chance to bench test that yet,
                but will early tomorrow morning.

                Please report any problems as you find them. The process being used to
                develop and improve fldigi is called Rapid Application Development. As
                alpha and beta testers you have the opportunity to reflect your own
                preferences for look, feel and operation in the final product.
                Unfortunately, that means you may have to cycle through quite a few
                revisions before everything stabilizes. For those who have just joined
                the fray I should tell you that fldigi development only started a little
                over three months ago.

                I will go back and look at gmfsk-hkj QSY routines sometime later this week.

                73s, Dave, W1HKJ