Re: Fldigi Version 0.921 beta posted

  • k9ao
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 8, 2006
      --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, "David Freese" <w1hkj@...> wrote:

      > You will notice the waterfall and spectrum displays are limited to
      > 3000 Hz display bandwidth. I was displaying 4096 Hz the full FFT data
      > buffer before. Most transceivers do not have greater than 3000 Hz BW
      > in SSB or data modes ergo the change. Please let me know if you think
      > it needs to be wider.

      I got fldigi compiled successfully on Mandrake 10.1 using your clear
      instructions and FLTK 1.1.7 with threading enabled. I'll be testing it
      on Mandriva 2006 later on tonight after I get home. I don't have Tx
      here at work, but do have audio working fine.

      I did notice one anomaly with the DominoEX 8 setting several times in
      that it came up with really low tones (sub 500 Hz), and wouldn't shift
      the tones as the receive area was moved on the waterfall to match.
      After a few restarts it started working again. The other DominoEX
      modes were OK. I'll have to see how repeatable it is.

      I am also getting the Olivia crash. The Release executable crashes with:

      ./fldigi
      terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
      what(): St9bad_alloc

      I did compile the Debug version, but the Debug version runs Olivia
      fine. No crashes. Also, nothing special about any gdb output at all.
      All normal.

      Not sure if that helps at all.

      I would also vote to widen the upper end of the waterfall to 3.3, or
      make it variable somehow. 3.3 seems to be about the max any radio will
      Tx anyway, so it's likely a good compromise.

      I hope to have more later on if I can manage to get some time later at
      home.

      Rick Kunath, k9ao