Re: [linuxham] Fldigi Version 0.921 beta posted

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 7, 2006
      _,___
      Mike,

      If you compile the program from the main directory as:

      make

      you will get a Debug version of the program in the Debug directory directly under the main one.

      if you:

      make CFG=Release

      you will get a Release version in the Release directory.

      Create a Debug version and then run from with the gnu debugger

      gdb Debug/fldigi

      that should give you a little more info on where the fault occurs for you.  The Olivia modem code is a direct borrow from gmfsk and is originally written by the inventor of Olivia.

      Report your findings back direct to me at

      w1hkj@...

      so the Yahoo group isn't cluttered up with debug droppings HI.

      Glad that you like the program so far.

      It was nice to QSO with you this evening.

      73's  Dave, W1HKJ
    • k9ao
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 8, 2006
        --- In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, "David Freese" <w1hkj@...> wrote:

        > You will notice the waterfall and spectrum displays are limited to
        > 3000 Hz display bandwidth. I was displaying 4096 Hz the full FFT data
        > buffer before. Most transceivers do not have greater than 3000 Hz BW
        > in SSB or data modes ergo the change. Please let me know if you think
        > it needs to be wider.

        I got fldigi compiled successfully on Mandrake 10.1 using your clear
        instructions and FLTK 1.1.7 with threading enabled. I'll be testing it
        on Mandriva 2006 later on tonight after I get home. I don't have Tx
        here at work, but do have audio working fine.

        I did notice one anomaly with the DominoEX 8 setting several times in
        that it came up with really low tones (sub 500 Hz), and wouldn't shift
        the tones as the receive area was moved on the waterfall to match.
        After a few restarts it started working again. The other DominoEX
        modes were OK. I'll have to see how repeatable it is.

        I am also getting the Olivia crash. The Release executable crashes with:

        ./fldigi
        terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
        what(): St9bad_alloc

        I did compile the Debug version, but the Debug version runs Olivia
        fine. No crashes. Also, nothing special about any gdb output at all.
        All normal.

        Not sure if that helps at all.

        I would also vote to widen the upper end of the waterfall to 3.3, or
        make it variable somehow. 3.3 seems to be about the max any radio will
        Tx anyway, so it's likely a good compromise.

        I hope to have more later on if I can manage to get some time later at
        home.

        Rick Kunath, k9ao