Re: [linuxham] Re: IC-706Mk2G, FLDigi and RigBlaster Plus

  • "Glenn (KØBO)"
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 7 10:17 AM
      digicircles wrote:
      > FWIW, my setup here is an IC706MKIIG with a Rigblaster Plug & Play
      > interface on /dev/ttyUSB0. I never had any luck trying to get things
      > working with hamlib, but I did figure out the problem with hamlib
      > wanting to key my rig. It's explained here:
      >
      > http://blog.eksfiles.net/2008/01/06/rigblaster-plug-play-in-ubuntu-710/

      I installed the IC-706Mk2G xml file as rig.xml and everything seems to
      work good. I had to play around with how to enable PTT until I realized
      that it was controlled by rigcat and not the righthand PTT menu.

      The interface is purchased from http://www.xggcomms.com/page10.htm for
      $7 plus the $9 for shipping. I was initially going to make my own
      interface but I could not pass up this one as it would have cost me more
      to acquire the parts then to order this one. Also, all the other
      interfaces have unnecessary isolation that I feel is not needed when the
      rig and laptop are palced so closely together. I was able to put the
      audio pads (using surface mount resistors) right into the mini-jacks
      near the computer so there is no clunky boxes, just short cables. My
      cable lengths are less then 3ft.

      Thanks Again Folks!
    • James R. Gorr
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 8 8:59 AM
        I assumed that the port in rig.xml had to be the same
        as in the rig control screen. For some reason I did
        not realize the difference. It is obvious now. Works
        well, thanks everyone for the input and tolerance of a
        silly question.

        Jamie
        Las Vegas, NV

        --- Michael Heim <kd0ar@...> wrote:

        > Yes, you are able to use both. In the rig control
        > config, set it up for whatever serial configuration
        > you are using for the connection you are controlling
        > your radio with. If you are using rigcat, you may
        > have to edit your ~.fldigi/rig.xml file to match
        > your port and radio comm speed.
        >
        > If you use hamlib, the settings are right there on
        > the right side of the radio config screen
        >
        > On the left side of that same configuration screen,
        > there is info on PTT. You can configure that to
        > the port you are using on your rigblaster.
        >
        > I am using /dev/ttyS0 for PTT, and /dev/ttyUSB0 for
        > rig control. Works like a charm. I am using the
        > Yaesu FT-857D and the MFJ sound card interface, but
        > I dont think that really matters, as the rig control
        > would basically be set up the same way.
        >
        > Michael Heim ARS KD0AR
        > Chief Engineer
        > Forever Broadcasting
        > New Castle PA
        > WKST WJST WWGY
        > 814-671-0666

        0px;font-weight:bold;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}
        > #ygrp-sponsor #ygrp-lc .ad{
        > margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}
        > -->
        >

        > <!--
        >
        > #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:arial,
        > helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}
        > #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial,
        > helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}
        > #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
        > #ygrp-text{
        > font-family:Georgia;
        > }
        > #ygrp-text p{
        > margin:0 0 1em 0;}
        > #ygrp-tpmsgs{
        > font-family:Arial;
        > clear:both;}
        > #ygrp-vitnav{

        > #ygrp-vitnav a{
        > padding:0 1px;}
        > #ygrp-actbar{
        > clear:both;margin:25px
        > 0;white-space:nowrap;color:#666;text-align:right;}
        > #ygrp-actbar .left{
        > float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
        > .bld{font-weight:bold;}
        > #ygrp-grft{
        > #ygrp-ft{
        > font-family:verdana;font-size:77%;border-top:1px
        > solid #666;
        > padding:5px 0;
        > }
        > #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
        > padding-bottom:10px;}
        >
        > #ygrp-vital{

        background-color:#e0ecee;margin-bottom:20px;padding:2px

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 8 9:11 AM
          James R. Gorr wrote:
          > I assumed that the port in rig.xml had to be the same
          > as in the rig control screen. For some reason I did
          > not realize the difference. It is obvious now. Works
          > well, thanks everyone for the input and tolerance of a
          > silly question.
          >
          > Jamie
          > Las Vegas, NV

          No questions are silly Jamie. Only some answers :-)

          The serial port used for CAT and the serial port for PTT can be either
          the same or different. If they are different then the configuration
          that Mike described is the correct one. If the same (for rigcat) then
          you can specify the PTT action within the rig.xml file.

          73, Dave, W1HKJ