Re: [linuxham] VBdigi Interface

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 1, 2008
      kc2pmw wrote:
      > I have a question. What kind of interface is needed for the VBdigi
      > software? Do I need a RigBlaster type interface? I am new to radio(2
      > years w/ license in April) and I have never touched digital modes.
      > Thanks for you help.
      >
      > KC2PMW

      I would suggest that you Google "psk31 interfaces". Take the time and
      read through what is required. You will see they can range from simple
      to almost over-kill. They all do the same basic function, just depends
      on fancy you want to get. My homebrew interface is basically what Walt
      described, except I use serial port keying via a simple NPN switch. My
      second interface is a Donner Digital and is one that I would recommend.
      It works and works well with minimum cash outlay.