[OT] three new Ham Linux pgms

  • Ken N9VV
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 23, 2008
      I found three new programs on the .AU Ham Linux site:
      GTK based application for decoding and displaying Morse code signals
      using FFT tone detector

      GTK based application for the PSK31 digital communications mode

      GTK based application for the Hellschreiber digital communications mode

      de ken n9vv
    • Hamish Moffatt
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 23, 2008
        On Sat, Feb 23, 2008 at 05:34:08PM -0600, Ken N9VV wrote:
        > GTK based application for the PSK31 digital communications mode

        Cool, because there's only a few dozen of those already :-|
        gpsk (for GTK+), gmfsk (for GTK+), phaseshift (for Qt), kpsk (for
        Qt/KDE), linpsk (plain X), twpsk (plain X), fldigi (plain X)..

        > GTK based application for the Hellschreiber digital communications mode

        This might be good. Alternatives are gmfsk (a bit primitive in Hell
        modes) and fldigi (which I haven't used for Hell).

        Now if I could just find a log book for casual QSOs that I was happy
        with. I use VQLog on Windows (I run it in VMWare); I would like
        something similar on unix.

        Hamish
        --
        Hamish Moffatt VK3SB <hamish@...> <hamish@...>
      • Tim Gimmel
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 24, 2008
          On Sat, 2008-02-23 at 13:14 -0800, Leigh L Klotz, Jr. wrote:
          > Hamlib or rigcat? Which rig?

          Hamlib and IC-706MkIIG. Hamlib seems to work FB.

          Tim