Kachina CAT 1.11 posted

  • David Freese
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2006
      The source tarball and executables for both Linux and Windows have
      been posted. This is a single bug fix that relates to the "File/Save"
      dialog locking the user out of any keyboard activity.

      Thanks to Tom, W3FRG, for reporting the problem.

      Dave, W1HKJ
    • Jose' Silva
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 25, 2006
        Hi, Dave

        I have tried it both in WinMe and WinXT but it always freezes.

        Is this normal if the Radio is not responding?

        The kachina.ini file is not found?

        Do we need some special configuration for the serial port?

        Does the tty mean some required logic level or is it a fully standard
        specification?

        Thanks a lot for all suport, since I'm completely new to the
        Kachina "behavior" and this Indian is not willing to cooperate hihihi

        The original Kachina floppy is Version 3.14 but I don't know about the
        Firmware version.
        There is a ROM card installed and another ROM card not installed (V4.49)

        The Kachina program NOW does NOT show "OFF LINE"... (even when the
        radio is switched off!).
        But it gives a message "Unable to command radio. Please check radio"
        after starting up and everytime a request is made
        (Tuning/Antenna/Power/etc...).

        Is there any diagnostic that could be made to check the basic
        transceiver booting up status? Could it be completely dead?

        Your help is definitely precious!

        73 de Jose' Silva - ct1axg

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 25, 2006
          Jose,

          It sounds like you may have a problem with the transceiver from what you
          describe. Did you know that there is a reflector for the Kachina?

          to sign up. There you will find many Kachina owners with more knowledge
          than my own. I simply created a new program to interface to the
          transceiver for a friend, and it grew from there HI HI.

          May I suggest that you join the kachina reflector and ask you question
          in that forum.