Re: [linuxham] Patches for gmfsk.hkj.50 to support pskmail

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19, 2006
      Hello Jim,

      I will post the pskmail patches on the www.w1hkj.com web site if you
      want. Send me the patch direct to

      w1hkj@...

      Include information on the patch, what it does, who gets the credits etc.

      Hope you like the changes that have been made to the gmfsk program.

      Dave, W1HKJ
    • jimkovar
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 19, 2006
        Dave,
        I have forwarded you the patches. BTW, thank you and all the other
        contributors who keep making gmfsk better and better!

        73, KC0HOS - Jim
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 22, 2006
          jimkovar wrote:
          > A while back, PA0R - Rein came up with a patched version of gmfsk
          > version 0.6 that he has been using with his pskmail program for
          > internet email interface via BPSK63 on HF. The modified program checks
          > for the presence of a file called gmfsk_autofile in the default
          > directory, and if it exists, transmits it, then deletes it. Pskmail
          > communicates with the modified gmfsk by creating gmfsk_autofile, and
          > reading any received text from the logfile generated by gmfsk.
          >
          > I have applied these patches to gmfsk.hkj.50, and they still work.
          > Rein has given his ok for me to forward these to the group. Any interest?
          >
          > Thanks and 73, KC0HOS - Jim

          Jim, thanks for your work on this. As an added feature Rein has
          interfaced his hacked version to his excellent contesting applications.
          So you can use gMFSK with either TLF (console mode) or xTLF (gui), xTLF
          is written using Perl. Now we should be able to use Dave's .50 with your
          patch with either version of TLF. Digital contesting may be doable or at
          least better than ever before with Linux. 73