Patches for gmfsk.hkj.50 to support pskmail

  • jimkovar
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 19, 2006
      A while back, PA0R - Rein came up with a patched version of gmfsk
      version 0.6 that he has been using with his pskmail program for
      internet email interface via BPSK63 on HF. The modified program checks
      for the presence of a file called gmfsk_autofile in the default
      directory, and if it exists, transmits it, then deletes it. Pskmail
      communicates with the modified gmfsk by creating gmfsk_autofile, and
      reading any received text from the logfile generated by gmfsk.

      I have applied these patches to gmfsk.hkj.50, and they still work.
      Rein has given his ok for me to forward these to the group. Any interest?

      Thanks and 73, KC0HOS - Jim
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 19, 2006
        Hello Jim,

        I will post the pskmail patches on the www.w1hkj.com web site if you
        want. Send me the patch direct to

        w1hkj@...

        Include information on the patch, what it does, who gets the credits etc.

        Hope you like the changes that have been made to the gmfsk program.

        Dave, W1HKJ
      • jimkovar
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 19, 2006
          Dave,
          I have forwarded you the patches. BTW, thank you and all the other
          contributors who keep making gmfsk better and better!

          73, KC0HOS - Jim
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 22, 2006
            jimkovar wrote:
            > A while back, PA0R - Rein came up with a patched version of gmfsk
            > version 0.6 that he has been using with his pskmail program for
            > internet email interface via BPSK63 on HF. The modified program checks
            > for the presence of a file called gmfsk_autofile in the default
            > directory, and if it exists, transmits it, then deletes it. Pskmail
            > communicates with the modified gmfsk by creating gmfsk_autofile, and
            > reading any received text from the logfile generated by gmfsk.
            >
            > I have applied these patches to gmfsk.hkj.50, and they still work.
            > Rein has given his ok for me to forward these to the group. Any interest?
            >
            > Thanks and 73, KC0HOS - Jim

            Jim, thanks for your work on this. As an added feature Rein has
            interfaced his hacked version to his excellent contesting applications.
            So you can use gMFSK with either TLF (console mode) or xTLF (gui), xTLF
            is written using Perl. Now we should be able to use Dave's .50 with your
            patch with either version of TLF. Digital contesting may be doable or at
            least better than ever before with Linux. 73