Re: [linuxham] Recording audio off-the-air

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
      Walt DuBose wrote:
      > If I record audio out of my speaker that I can see is being copied by Fldigi,
      > can I record that on a tape, CD or DVD and play it back into the sourdcard and
      > Fldigi will treat it as if its off-the-air?
      >
      > This will make a WONDERFUL display for my demo to Texas Baptist Men Disaster
      > Relief next weekend.
      >
      > 73,
      >
      > Walt/K5YFW

      Walt, look under >> Files >> Audio and see if this will do what you want.

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
        Walt DuBose wrote:
        > If I record audio out of my speaker that I can see is being copied by Fldigi,
        > can I record that on a tape, CD or DVD and play it back into the sourdcard and
        > Fldigi will treat it as if its off-the-air?
        >
        > This will make a WONDERFUL display for my demo to Texas Baptist Men Disaster
        > Relief next weekend.
        >
        > 73,
        >
        > Walt/K5YFW

        Walt, I just tried what I suggested earlier with the audio
        capture/playback in fldigi. It worked perfectly.

        I created a file in my home folder called fldigi.wav, I then told fldigi
        to capture a QSO that was in progress. When that finished, I then told
        fldigi to play back the wav file and it did so perfectly.

        Would make an excellent demo for any group.