Recording audio off-the-air

  • Walt DuBose
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 31, 2008
      If I record audio out of my speaker that I can see is being copied by Fldigi,
      can I record that on a tape, CD or DVD and play it back into the sourdcard and
      Fldigi will treat it as if its off-the-air?

      This will make a WONDERFUL display for my demo to Texas Baptist Men Disaster
      Relief next weekend.

      73,

      Walt/K5YFW
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
        Walt DuBose wrote:
        > If I record audio out of my speaker that I can see is being copied by Fldigi,
        > can I record that on a tape, CD or DVD and play it back into the sourdcard and
        > Fldigi will treat it as if its off-the-air?
        >
        > This will make a WONDERFUL display for my demo to Texas Baptist Men Disaster
        > Relief next weekend.
        >
        > 73,
        >
        > Walt/K5YFW

        Walt, look under >> Files >> Audio and see if this will do what you want.

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 1, 2008
          Walt DuBose wrote:
          > If I record audio out of my speaker that I can see is being copied by Fldigi,
          > can I record that on a tape, CD or DVD and play it back into the sourdcard and
          > Fldigi will treat it as if its off-the-air?
          >
          > This will make a WONDERFUL display for my demo to Texas Baptist Men Disaster
          > Relief next weekend.
          >
          > 73,
          >
          > Walt/K5YFW

          Walt, I just tried what I suggested earlier with the audio
          capture/playback in fldigi. It worked perfectly.

          I created a file in my home folder called fldigi.wav, I then told fldigi
          to capture a QSO that was in progress. When that finished, I then told
          fldigi to play back the wav file and it did so perfectly.

          Would make an excellent demo for any group.