Aliasing strong signals

  • N6CRR
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 20, 2008
      I've got a Turtle Beach Sound Santa Cruz Card (Cirrus CS4297A based )
      in my Linux box and am seeing what I think is an echo of a received
      strong PSK signal, technical term I think for what is going on is
      called aliasing.

      I've played with various combinations of input levels, sound out of
      radio, gain schedules etc etc and the echo is still there. I'm using
      the default OSS setting, not going into the Port Audio and wonder what
      the sampling rate that the card is set in with PSK31 selected. I'm
      about to go off an try the PortAudio stetting after reading the help
      files a bit, but wonder if anyone else has encountered this phenomenon?

      Thanks for tips in advance.