Re: [linuxham] Re: Linux Newbie

  • M5AAV
    Message 1 of 48 , Jan 2, 2008
      Quoting from the message of Wed, 02 Jan 2008 19:03:28 +0000 from Stelios
      Bounanos <lham@...> :

      > Attachment 1: ,text/html

      > > Fldigi is now running but as yet not hooked up to the rig[s] as I'm too
      > > lazy/tired to grovel under the bench. However running it and listening
      > > to the output tones through the laptop speakers RTTY sounds 'clean' but
      > > on both PSK and MFSK, while the tones are there, there is also a
      > > 'ticking' which seems to be at about 3 per second.

      > Try selecting your sound card's preferred sample rate in the sound tab
      > of fldigi's configuration dialog. This value is probably 48000 Hz,
      > possibly 44100 Hz. The next version of fldigi will have a menu item to
      > use the hardware's native sample rate, whatever it may be, but for now
      > you will have to select it manually...

      Thanks for that Stelios - problem solved.

      --
      73 Graham M5AAV
      http://www.m5aav.org.uk/
      Message 48 of 48 , Jan 27, 2008
        ve4tg wrote:
        > Greetings, I'm a newbie as well and have just installed Ubuntu 7.10. I
        > tried following the procedure you cited below but could only find the
        > libhamlib-utils package. Also under settings I could not locate any
        > items to check off. Perhaps I'm using a different version?
        >
        > Doug VE4TG
        >

        >> Gary, here is a basic how-to, if you are not sure of a step, stop and
        >> ask.
        >>
        >> Open Synaptic then open Settings. Make sure all entries are checked
        >> EXCEPT the Cd Rom entries. Back on the main window of synaptic click
        >> on the reload button. Install the following,

        When you open the settings tab, you will see a tab for "Repositories"
        click on it and then you will be able to follow the above suggestion and
        install the needed items. You will also need to install libstdc++5. You
        can find all of these using the search feature.