Re: Happy New Year - New Postings

  • zl1boe2002
    Message 1 of 48 , Jan 1, 2008
      Happy New Year Dave,

      The new Puppy is up and running at this QTH. I dowloaded the whole iso
      and burned a new CD.

      Many thanks.

      Chris ZL1BOE

      Message 48 of 48 , Jan 27, 2008
        ve4tg wrote:
        > Greetings, I'm a newbie as well and have just installed Ubuntu 7.10. I
        > tried following the procedure you cited below but could only find the
        > libhamlib-utils package. Also under settings I could not locate any
        > items to check off. Perhaps I'm using a different version?
        >
        > Doug VE4TG
        >

        >> Gary, here is a basic how-to, if you are not sure of a step, stop and
        >> ask.
        >>
        >> Open Synaptic then open Settings. Make sure all entries are checked
        >> EXCEPT the Cd Rom entries. Back on the main window of synaptic click
        >> on the reload button. Install the following,

        When you open the settings tab, you will see a tab for "Repositories"
        click on it and then you will be able to follow the above suggestion and
        install the needed items. You will also need to install libstdc++5. You
        can find all of these using the search feature.