Multichannel CW decoder for FLDIGI

  • mni12
    Message 1 of 11 , Jul 26 5:25 AM

      I have been working on the Bayesian Morse decoder for a while.  The latest effort was focused on making it possible to automatically detect all CW signals in the audio band and spin up a new instance of the Bayesian decoder for each detected signal. Thanks to Dave W1HKJ there is an experimental alpha release available (incl. Windows version).

      I have a short description of the new functionality and download link available here:

      http://ag1le.blogspot.com/2014/07/new-morse-decoder-part-6.html

      Once again,  this is an alpha release  provided in order to get some feedback and improvement ideas  from FLDIGI users.  You can provide feedback directly to me by submitting comments in the blog  or sending me email to  ag1le at innomore dot com.

      It would be very helpful  if you could provide audio samples (WAV files can be recorded   using File / Audio / RX Capture feature of FLDIGI),  screenshot of what CW parameter settings you are using  and general description of the problem or issue you discovered.

      73

      Mauri AG1LE

    • mni12
      Message 2 of 11 , Jul 29 7:55 PM
        There is a new, improved FLDIGI alpha build available with multichannel CW decoder feature in http://www.w1hkj.com/ag1le/
        Windows binaries are in file  fldigi-3.21.83cw-a5_setup.exe and source code tarball in file fldigi-3.21.83cw-a5.tar.gz

        I fixed a number of bugs and did also a few improvements in this cw-a5 version,  namely:
        -  timeout - remove found CW signal from Signal Browser after a timeout period. Timeout value is set in UI/Browser control panel
        - matched filter - for each channel create filters matched with Morse speed. This feature can be turned on / off using the Modem/CW control panel.
        - find_signals improvement. Improved the algorithm that finds the CW signals from FFT spectrum. Should produce less misidentified signals for given threshold value.

        Please give it a try and provide feedback on the multichannel CW functionality. Thanks for the all people who have already provided feedback and new feature ideas.

        73
        Mauri AG1LE
      • mni12

            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 29 9:09 PM
              In the Modem/CW control panel you need to turn on "Bayesian decoder".  It is not on by default.
              Can you turn it on and check if the Signal Browser starts working?

              Also, you can adjust the signal threshold on bottom of the Signal Browser window. When moving slider towards 0  you should be able to pickup  found signals on the band.

              73
              Mauri
            • Dan Ziolkowski
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 30 2:36 PM
                I was not aware of that. you may want to put that info out up front.

                --
                Dan Ziolkowski KC2STA
                SKCC #4290T

                      Message 10 of 11 , Aug 16, 2014