Fldigi and freq question

  • k8wdx
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 11, 2014

      Ok rig and green display say 14081.000 and the white with black numbers freq display say 14082.539, so what frequency am I at? I would say I am transmitting/receiving at the 14082.534 spot. So if this is the case and I wanted to work a station on RTTY split, would I then set my sub receiver/transmitter to 14084.534 if the station was saying up 2? just kinda wondering...Thanks Tom K8WDX

      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 11, 2014
        On 11 Jul 2014 19:42:06 -0700
        "k8wdx@... [linuxham]" <linuxham@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        > Ok rig and green display say 14081.000 and the white with black
        > numbers freq display say 14082.539, so what frequency am I at? I
        > would say I am transmitting/receiving at the 14082.534 spot. So if
        > this is the case and I wanted to work a station on RTTY split, would
        > I then set my sub receiver/transmitter to 14084.534 if the station
        > was saying up 2? just kinda wondering...Thanks Tom K8WDX

        What rig and are you using flrig ?

        Ed W3NR
      • Geoff NW7GM
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 11, 2014
          I would say that the green numbers showing the 14081.000 is your vfo frequency and the other number is your vfo freq + your audio frequency (the place in the waterfall where your cursor is).

          --
          Geoff, NW7GM
          Seattle, WA

        • Mike Miller
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 11, 2014
            Hi Tom,

            Your VFO is set to 14081.000 plus your audio frequency is 1534
            = 14082.534 If you want use split VFOs, set VFO B to 14083.000
            and leave the waterfall audio at 1534. When you transmit you
            should be at 14084.534 up 2k from your RX freq.

            73
            Mike kc9doa

            On 11 Jul 2014 at 19:42, k8wdx@... [linuxham] wrote:

            > Ok rig and green display say 14081.000 and the white with black
            > numbers freq display say 14082.539, so what frequency am I at?
            > I would say I am transmitting/receiving at the 14082.534 spot.
            > So if this is the case and I wanted to work a station on RTTY
            > split, would I then set my sub receiver/transmitter to
            > 14084.534 if the station was saying up 2? just kinda
            > wondering...Thanks Tom K8WDX
          • k8wdx
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 12, 2014
              ED, Yaesu FTDX 5000 Thanks.
            • k8wdx
              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 12, 2014
                Mike, my question to that would be how do you know where the other station is actually transmitting? maybe that would be what the qsy button would be used for... I don't usually have any trouble working split when I run into a DX station working split, but usually I have to hunt a bit, just kinda wondering if there is a bit more of a science to it.. Thanks Tom K8WDX

                Example: you run into a DX station calling CQ RTTY up 2 your VFO is set to 14.082.620 and the audio freq is set to 14084.182 so where is that DX station actually transmitting?? again thanks Tom K8WDX

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 12, 2014
                  On 12 Jul 2014 03:19:48 -0700
                  "k8wdx@... [linuxham]" <linuxham@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                  > Mike, my question to that would be how do you know where the other
                  > station is actually transmitting? maybe that would be what the qsy
                  > button would be used for... I don't usually have any trouble working
                  > split when I run into a DX station working split, but usually I have
                  > to hunt a bit, just kinda wondering if there is a bit more of a
                  > science to it.. Thanks Tom K8WDX
                  >
                  > Example: you run into a DX station calling CQ RTTY up 2 your VFO is
                  > set to 14.082.620 and the audio freq is set to 14084.182 so where is
                  > that DX station actually transmitting?? again thanks Tom K8WDX

                  Look here

                  :http://www.w1hkj.com/FldigiHelp-3.21/html/operating_controls_page.html

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 12, 2014
                    On 12 Jul 2014 03:19:48 -0700
                    "k8wdx@... [linuxham]" <linuxham@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                    > Mike, my question to that would be how do you know where the other
                    > station is actually transmitting? maybe that would be what the qsy
                    > button would be used for... I don't usually have any trouble working
                    > split when I run into a DX station working split, but usually I have
                    > to hunt a bit, just kinda wondering if there is a bit more of a
                    > science to it.. Thanks Tom K8WDX
                    >
                    > Example: you run into a DX station calling CQ RTTY up 2 your VFO is
                    > set to 14.082.620 and the audio freq is set to 14084.182 so where is
                    > that DX station actually transmitting?? again thanks Tom K8WDX

                    14084.182, which is where your marker is.

                    Ed
                  • k8wdx
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 13, 2014
                      Thanks guy some great info here,