nGenLog

  • g8fxm
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 11 8:57 AM

      Flushed with success after successfully installing N1MM under Linux Mint I thought I'd try nGenLog. It seems to install without any complaint (standard Wine install) but it wont run. No error messages, just doesn't run. If anyone anyone successfully managed to install nGenLog on Linux, please let me know?

      Dave, G8FXM

    • Michael Wrenn
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 11 12:21 PM
        I would have expected that any software based on .NET would run once you have N1MM running.  A quick glance at the features of nGenlog shows that it is equivalent to CQRLog.  If you are going to run Linux, you might try some of the native apps.  Granted, we still don't have a native contest logger and N1MM is hands down the best full featured logger currently available.  It sux that it's such a pain to get running (o:

        Seven Three,

        Michael - K5WRN
        http://www.qrz.com/db/K5WRN

        On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 10:57 AM, david.toombs@... [linuxham] <linuxham@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Flushed with success after successfully installing N1MM under Linux Mint I thought I'd try nGenLog. It seems to install without any complaint (standard Wine install) but it wont run. No error messages, just doesn't run. If anyone anyone successfully managed to install nGenLog on Linux, please let me know?

        Dave, G8FXM

      • Geoff NW7GM
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 11 1:34 PM
          Petr, the cqrlog creator, is working on a native Linux contesting log program..

          http://cqrtest.com

          --
          Geoff, NW7GM
          Seattle, WA

        • Bob Nielsen
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 11 4:18 PM
            There IS a native Linux contest logger, TLF: https://github.com/Tlf/tlf

            Of course, you will need to compile it and it uses a text console, not a GUI, but it works nicely and there is support for many contests.

            73, Bob N7XY

            On Jul 11, 2014, at 12:21 PM, Michael Wrenn michael.k5wrn@... [linuxham] <linuxham@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            > I would have expected that any software based on .NET would run once you have N1MM running. A quick glance at the features of nGenlog shows that it is equivalent to CQRLog. If you are going to run Linux, you might try some of the native apps. Granted, we still don't have a native contest logger and N1MM is hands down the best full featured logger currently available. It sux that it's such a pain to get running (o:
            >
            > Seven Three,
            >
            > Michael - K5WRN
            > http://www.qrz.com/db/K5WRN
            >

            > On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 10:57 AM, david.toombs@... [linuxham] <linuxham@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
            >

            > Flushed with success after successfully installing N1MM under Linux Mint I thought I'd try nGenLog. It seems to install without any complaint (standard Wine install) but it wont run. No error messages, just doesn't run. If anyone anyone successfully managed to install nGenLog on Linux, please let me know?
            >

            > Dave, G8FXM

          • Larry Levesque
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 11 5:26 PM
              YFKTEST is a pretty good one also.
              http://fkurz.net/ham/yfktest.html

              JL is also another one of my favorites....
              http://www.qsl.net/w1jq/

              But I am very anxious for CQRTest myself.

              On Fri, Jul 11, 2014 at 04:18:03PM -0700, Bob Nielsen n7xy@... [linuxham] wrote:
              > There IS a native Linux contest logger, TLF: https://github.com/Tlf/tlf
              >
              > Of course, you will need to compile it and it uses a text console, not a GUI, but it works nicely and there is support for many contests.
              >
              > 73, Bob N7XY
              >
              > On Jul 11, 2014, at 12:21 PM, Michael Wrenn michael.k5wrn@... [linuxham] <linuxham@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

              --
              Larry Levesque
              KA1VGM
              www.digitalhamradio.org
            • Michael K5WRN
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 13 7:15 PM
                Bob,

                You are correct, there is TLF. My thoughts were faster than my hands
                when I typed that up. My thought actually is that we don't have a
                native contest logger such as N1MM. Yes, we have TLF but as you pointed
                out, it's CLI based. I've tried using it and found it frustrating.
                This is now venturing off topic, but I do hope that Petr gets some time
                to work on his contesting project. I would much rather use a native app
                then a win app via wine or a CLI app.

                Michael Wrenn - K5WRN
                Sugar Land, Texas
                www.kiltedcowboy.com