fldigi config files

  • Steve Viertell
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5 9:58 PM
      I was successfully using fldigi on ubuntu 14.04 but haven't used it for a couple of months. In the meantime I installed linux mint 17 keeping my home partition intact. I installed fldigi from the repository but when I fire it up it wants to use the wizard to do the whole configuration again. Since the .fldigi directory is still intact in my home/steve directory can I just point it there and possibly skip most of the configuration? If so, how would that be accomplished? maybe a command line switch? I would like to keep all the eqsl info and the custom macros, etc. Thanks for your attention

      --
      Steve Viertell
      Cohasset (Near Chico) CA

      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6 5:28 AM
        On Sat, 5 Jul 2014 21:58:26 -0700
        "Steve Viertell cohassetsteve@... [linuxham]"
        <linuxham@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        > I was successfully using fldigi on ubuntu 14.04 but haven't used it
        > for a couple of months. In the meantime I installed linux mint 17
        > keeping my home partition intact. I installed fldigi from the
        > repository but when I fire it up it wants to use the wizard to do the
        > whole configuration again. Since the .fldigi directory is still
        > intact in my home/steve directory can I just point it there and
        > possibly skip most of the configuration? If so, how would that be
        > accomplished? maybe a command line switch? I would like to keep all
        > the eqsl info and the custom macros, etc. Thanks for your attention

        Rename your /.fldigi and just do the basic wizard for now. Then copy
        over your old /.fldigi one item at a time to the new one and let it
        overwite the new entry.....log etc.

        Don't forget this may not be the only problem you have, since you are
        mixing 2 different distros. I save my old home and bring in items that
        I need on at a time.

        Ed W3NR
      • Steve Viertell
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6 12:56 PM
          Thanks for the tips, I've got it mostly, working on fine tuning...

          On Sun, Jul 6, 2014 at 5:28 AM, Ed autek@... [linuxham] <linuxham@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
          On Sat, 5 Jul 2014 21:58:26 -0700
          "Steve Viertell cohassetsteve@... [linuxham]"
          <linuxham@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          > I was successfully using fldigi on ubuntu 14.04 but haven't used it
          > for a couple of months. In the meantime I installed linux mint 17
          > keeping my home partition intact. I installed fldigi from the
          > repository but when I fire it up it wants to use the wizard to do the
          > whole configuration again. Since the .fldigi directory is still
          > intact in my home/steve directory can I just point it there and
          > possibly skip most of the configuration? If so, how would that be
          > accomplished? maybe a command line switch? I would like to keep all
          > the eqsl info and the custom macros, etc. Thanks for your attention

          Rename your /.fldigi and just do the basic wizard for now. Then copy
          over your old /.fldigi one item at a time to the new one and let it
          overwite the new entry.....log etc.

          Don't forget this may not be the only problem you have, since you are
          mixing 2 different distros. I save my old home and bring in items that
          I need on at a time.

          Ed W3NR

          ------------------------------------
          Posted by: Ed <autek@...>