Packet software

  • Richard Dowty
    Message 1 of 37 , Jun 21, 2014
      Is there a separate software(written in linux) just for computer using for Packet radio? No GPS , No APRS. What would be a nice tnc to use with linux software?
      Thank you,
      Rich/W7EET
    • Charles Brabham
      Message 37 of 37 , Jul 10 5:27 AM
        I use MixW in virtual KISS mode for my VHF port with BPQBBS. Virtual null-modems make this happen without having to use Com ports for the interconnect. On HF, I use FLDIGI in KISS 10 and generally operate in either MFSK32 or 5XPSK63R mode, depending upon who I am connecting to.

        The 8PSK modes would be superior to Packet for VHF - but there's nobody else locally who likes to try the new stuff.

        73 DE Charles, N5PVL

        On 7/9/2014 8:09 PM, mitchwinkle@... [linuxham] wrote:

        Yep.  Another good reason for a KISS mode TNC Charles.  Simplifies even BPQ which only has a handful of host mode drivers.

        ---In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, <n5pvl@...> wrote :

        Will note that BPQ32 BBS can be set up as a personal mailbox and works
        very well for that.

        73 DE Charles, N5PVL