fldigi, cqrlog and Omni VII

  • pkohl1960
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 9 1:54 AM
      Good morning everybody,
      I have all the components above up and running using Andy's HAM Linux - v15.1-32bit on a Dell Optiplex 780.
      fldigi has full control over the Omni VII - readout and set frequency.
      CQRLog reads out - I don't know if it should also set frequency (by clicking in bandmap would be nice f.ex.)
      But - only one software at once. CQRLog through rigctl(d) and fldigi using Hamlib.
      Is there a way to setup that both can readout the Omni VII as I swith frequently from digimodes to SSB and back ?

      TIA for your help

      73 de Peter - ON4EZJ

      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 9 4:46 AM
        On 09 Jun 2014 01:54:29 -0700
        "pkohl1960@... [linuxham]" <linuxham@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        > Good morning everybody,
        > I have all the components above up and running using Andy's HAM Linux
        > - v15.1-32bit on a Dell Optiplex 780. fldigi has full control over
        > the Omni VII - readout and set frequency. CQRLog reads out - I don't
        > know if it should also set frequency (by clicking in bandmap would be
        > nice f.ex.) But - only one software at once. CQRLog through rigctl(d)
        > and fldigi using Hamlib. Is there a way to setup that both can
        > readout the Omni VII as I swith frequently from digimodes to SSB and
        > back ? TIA for your help 73 de Peter - ON4EZJ

        See if this helps

        http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/hamlib/index.php?title=FAQ#I_have_2_programs_which_use_Hamlib.2C_can_I_use_them_with_the_same_radio.3F

        Ed W3NR
      • Michael Wrenn
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 9 5:33 AM
          Has anyone tried this that confirm that it works?

          Seven Three,

          Michael - K5WRN
          http://www.qrz.com/db/K5WRN

          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 9 6:10 AM
            On Mon, 9 Jun 2014 07:33:46 -0500
            "Michael Wrenn michael.k5wrn@... [linuxham]"
            <linuxham@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            > Has anyone tried this that confirm that it works?
            >
            > Seven Three,
            >
            > Michael - K5WRN
            > http://www.qrz.com/db/K5WRN

            Maybe Peter will see if it works for him, or maybe Nate N0NB, one of the
            hamlib maintainers will chime in.

            Ed W3NR
          • Geoff NW7GM
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 9 12:33 PM

              Can cqrlog use xml-rpc or just hamlib?

              Geoff, NW7GM
              Seattle, WA
              CN87tr

              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 9 2:52 PM
                On Mon, 9 Jun 2014 12:33:57 -0700
                "Geoff NW7GM geoff.nw7gm@... [linuxham]"
                <linuxham@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                > Can cqrlog use xml-rpc or just hamlib?
                >
                > Geoff, NW7GM

                http://www.cqrlog.com/

                Ed W3NR
              • Michael Wrenn
                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 9 5:50 PM
                  No, not yet.  It's on the developers list of items but there is currently an issue with Lazarus that prevents it.

                  Seven Three,

                  Michael - K5WRN
                  http://www.qrz.com/db/K5WRN

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 9 6:15 PM

                    Thanks Michael.

                    Geoff, NW7GM
                    Seattle, WA
                    CN87tr

                    On Jun 9, 2014 5:51 PM, "Michael Wrenn michael.k5wrn@... [linuxham]" <linuxham@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                    No, not yet.  It's on the developers list of items but there is currently an issue with Lazarus that prevents it.

                    Seven Three,

                    Michael - K5WRN
                    http://www.qrz.com/db/K5WRN

                    On Mon, Jun 9, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Geoff NW7GM geoff.nw7gm@... [linuxham] <linuxham@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                    Can cqrlog use xml-rpc or just hamlib?

                    Geoff, NW7GM
                    Seattle, WA
                    CN87tr

                    On Jun 9, 2014 6:10 AM, "Ed autek@... [linuxham]" <linuxham@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                    On Mon, 9 Jun 2014 07:33:46 -0500
                    "Michael Wrenn michael.k5wrn@... [linuxham]"
                    <linuxham@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                    > Has anyone tried this that confirm that it works?
                    >
                    > Seven Three,
                    >
                    > Michael - K5WRN
                    > http://www.qrz.com/db/K5WRN

                    Maybe Peter will see if it works for him, or maybe Nate N0NB, one of the
                    hamlib maintainers will chime in.

                    Ed W3NR

                  • daverickmers
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 10 6:51 AM
                      Maybe "Andy" knows...73 de dave/kd6il
                    • pkohl1960
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 11 1:46 AM
                        Hello everyone,

                        From the links Ed posted I found several other infos about using hamlib and other helpfull tools.
                        I have played around with some and had more or less chance ...
                        I have one configuration where from the bandmap of CQRLOG I can control the Omni VII (changes to the frequency of the station I clicked on) and the callsign is set in the 'new-QSO'-window but teh frequency and mode not - odd !
                        I am taken in other projects for the rest of the week but will have some time next weekend I hope to play around (and take notes of what I do).
                        Anyway - I am happy with this config even if not all is working as one can imagine.

                        Thanks to all for the help - I'll keep you in touch.

                        73 de Peter - ON4EZJ
                        PS: on question still in my head : am I the only one in the world switching from digimodes to SSB an back ?
                      • Petr Hlozek
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jun 16 7:11 AM
                          CQRLOG uses hamlib and as a default, it runs rigctld after starts. You can set fldigi to connect to running rigctld and it will work. You'll be able to control both from cqrlog and fldigi. I think the rig id will be 1901 but I'm not sure, I'm avid CW op and don't use fldigi :).

                          73 Petr, OK2CQR

                          Can cqrlog use xml-rpc or just hamlib?

                          Geoff, NW7GM
                          Seattle, WA
                          CN87tr

                          On Jun 9, 2014 6:10 AM, "Ed autek@... [linuxham]" <linuxham@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                          On Mon, 9 Jun 2014 07:33:46 -0500
                          "Michael Wrenn michael.k5wrn@... [linuxham]"
                          <linuxham@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                          > Has anyone tried this that confirm that it works?
                          >
                          > Seven Three,
                          >
                          > Michael - K5WRN
                          > http://www.qrz.com/db/K5WRN

                          Maybe Peter will see if it works for him, or maybe Nate N0NB, one of the
                          hamlib maintainers will chime in.

                          http://HamQTH.com/ok2cqr
                          http://ok2cqr.com
                          http://cqrlog.com
                          http://cqrtest.com
                        • Ervin Hegedüs
                          Message 12 of 15 , Jun 16 7:54 AM
                            On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 04:11:17PM +0200, Petr Hlozek petr@... [linuxham] wrote:
                            > CQRLOG uses hamlib and as a default, it runs rigctld after starts. You can
                            > set fldigi to connect to running rigctld and it will work. You'll be able
                            > to control both from cqrlog and fldigi. I think the rig id will be 1901 but
                            > I'm not sure, I'm avid CW op and don't use fldigi :).

                            just FYI:

                            $ rigctl --list | grep -i hamlib
                            1 Hamlib Dummy 0.5 Beta
                            2 Hamlib NET rigctl 0.3 Beta
                            1901 Hamlib RPC rig 0.3 Beta

                            1901 means RPC, if you want to use rigctld (when rigctld is up
                            and runs in an another terminal), you need to use model 2.

                            73,

                            Ervin
                            HA2OS

                            > 73 Petr, OK2CQR

                            > linuxham@yahoogroups.com>:
                            >

                            > > Can cqrlog use xml-rpc or just hamlib?
                            > >
                            > > Geoff, NW7GM
                            > > Seattle, WA
                            > > CN87tr
                            > > On Jun 9, 2014 6:10 AM, "Ed autek@... [linuxham]" <
                            > > linuxham@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
                            > >

                            > >> On Mon, 9 Jun 2014 07:33:46 -0500

                            > >> Maybe Peter will see if it works for him, or maybe Nate N0NB, one of the
                            > >> hamlib maintainers will chime in.
                            > >>
                            > >> Ed W3NR
                            > >>

                            > --
                            > http://HamQTH.com/ok2cqr
                            > http://ok2cqr.com
                            > http://cqrlog.com
                            > http://cqrtest.com
                          • Geoff NW7GM
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jun 16 12:34 PM
                              Thanks Petr. Are there any plans on implementing XML-RPC?

                              Geoff, NW7GM
                              Seattle, WA
                              CN87tr

                              Message 14 of 15 , Jun 18 9:51 PM
                                You are welcome!

                                I don't have this feature on my TODO list. I don't know how many users would use it when we have rigctld and rig id 2. It already works.

                                73 Petr

                                Message 15 of 15 , Jun 19 11:52 AM
                                  I'm not sure either but, for me, Hamlib doesn't work well with my radio setup/computer. My radio is an Icom IC-706MK2g. I know it is a 'supported' radio by Hamlib, it just doesn't work well at all. If I could use FLRig with car log ant it's other features (like greyline, etc) it would be awesome.