Re: success: fldigi on Ubuntu 8.04

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 5, 2007
      Ken N9VV wrote:
      > Hi Ed, thanks for the location of the volume control. I found it, but
      > then had to decipher which one of the USB devices was the SignaLink/USB.
      > I found it was USB-1 and it came right up. Here is a screen shot of
      > fldigi running on the beta Ubuntu 8.04 (Hardy Heron). I later figured
      > out how to increase the drive to the display and it looks pretty good
      > right now. I will wait until the band comes up a bit.
      > ------------------
      > Back to WindowsXP to play with the new digital SSB FDMDV (*F*req
      > *D*ivision *M*ultiplex *D*igi *V*oice) on 14.236.00
      >
      > many thanks again for your patience and kindness,
      > de ken n9vv

      Ken, my Grandma always said that patience is a virtue. We all are glad
      to see that you were successful with the fldigi install. It may take
      some hand-holding and time, but it is time well spent.

      Now when someone else shows up on the list with a similar machince, you
      should be able to walk them through the install, including how to get
      the bootable USB stick running.

      Please keep in mind that if you have a problem with fldigi or even Linux
      in general....speak up.

      Ed W3NR

      and remember...Google is your friend