SCS PTC - kptc?

  • sholtofish
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 18, 2013
      Has anyone managed to compile kptc on a recent version of Ubuntu?
      http://kptc.sourceforge.net/

      I can't resolve the QT>3.03 error no matter what I try.

      73

      Sholto
      K7TMG
    • Marc Coevoet
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 18, 2013
        op 18-11-13 18:25, k7tmg@... schreef:
        > Has anyone managed to compile kptc on a recent version of Ubuntu?
        > http://kptc.sourceforge.net/
        >
        > I can't resolve the QT>3.03 error no matter what I try.
        >
        > 73

        Problem could be: no more support for current QT?
        qt4 or qt5, no more qt3 or you should find it on a site with older src,
        or older linux versions, take one from 2004/2005 ?)

        (and I don't find the src under the dowload button ...

        try this:

        hamfax (in synaptic/ubuntu 13.04 or earlier..)

        Receive/send radio facsimile transmissions with Soundcard/PTC-II

        With this package you can send or receive radio facsimile transmissions
        using either a Linux-supported soundcard or an SCS PTC-II data controller.

        Radio facsimile transmission are used most commonly by meteorological
        bureaus to provide weather maps to aircraft and shipping.

        Marc
        http://shortwave dot tk
        700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations dot tk
        300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages dot tk
      • sholtofish
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 18, 2013

           Marc,

          I had the problem with the missing link but found it here:

          http://sourceforge.net/projects/kptc/files/Kptc/

          I thought I had tried an older QT3 dev library but maybe not....

          73

          Sholto

          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 18, 2013
            op 18-11-13 20:29, k7tmg@... schreef:
            > Marc,
            >

            > I had the problem with the missing link but found it here:
            >
            > http://sourceforge.net/projects/kptc/files/Kptc/
            >

            > I thought I had tried an older QT3 dev library but maybe not....

            You can find it here:
            http://doc.qt.digia.com/3.3/

            and
            http://doc.qt.digia.com/3.0/

            and
            http://doc.qt.digia.com/2.0/

            And now: if we would have schanged the API every day, we could invent a
            parallel world that would do the porting from day 1 to day forever in a
            Stock exchange based company, otherwise, programmers would lack
            motivation from "midnight commanders" ..

            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 18, 2013
              op 18-11-13 20:29, k7tmg@... schreef:
              > Marc,
              >

              > I had the problem with the missing link but found it here:
              >
              > http://sourceforge.net/projects/kptc/files/Kptc/

              my configure gives:

              checking for libjpeg... -ljpeg
              checking for Qt... configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.3) (headers and
              libraries) not found. Please check your installation!
              For more details about this problem, look at the end of config.log.

              So qt3.4 would be a good choice?

              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 18, 2013

                Marc, well I am having no luck with QT3 (I found 3.0.4) from http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/troll/qt/source/

                it configures but I just get errors when I make it. I'm not experienced enough to know what the problem is but I suspect permissions. I think I will give up HI. If you get anywhere please let me know!

                Will try your FAX program :)

                73

                Sholto

                K7TMG

                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 18, 2013
                  op 18-11-13 22:26, k7tmg@... schreef:
                  > Marc, well I am having no luck with QT3 (I found 3.0.4) from
                  > http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/troll/qt/source/
                  >
                  > it configures but I just get errors when I make it. I'm not experienced
                  > enough to know what the problem is but I suspect permissions. I think I
                  > will give up HI. If you get anywhere please let me know!

                  I found this comment about png: (after ... error ... error: ‘ptrdiff_t’
                  does not name a type)

                  https://qt-project.org/forums/viewthread/16992/

                  http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/patches/downloads/qt/
                  so applying a patch to the right version ...

                  but I did not continue ...

                  version3.2 gives the same error:
                  ../include/qvaluelist.h:88:13: error: ‘ptrdiff_t’ does not name a type
                  typedef ptrdiff_t difference_type;
                  ^
                  ../include/qvaluelist.h:164:13: error: ‘ptrdiff_t’ does not name a type
                  typedef ptrdiff_t difference_type;

                  Something one might try when building from source ...
                  (in an older version of linux?)
                  add this line to /etc/apt/sources.list (with right version), or do it
                  in the gui of synaptic ..)

                  deb-src ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ etch main

                  and then build from source for ubuntu/debian/other with

                  apt-get -b source libdvdcss
                  instead of just trying to install other folks binaries!

                  if the source won't build, try:
                  apt-get -b build-dep libdvdcss
                  apt-get -b source libdvdcss

                  replace the "libdvdcss" with whatever package you want to build.

                  > Will try your FAX program :)

                  always try ..

                  ===
                  my synaptic shows things like, but not much more ... to allow qt4 work
                  with qt3 compatability layers ..

                  libqt3support4-perl

                  This package contains perl bindings for the Qt 3 compatibility library.

                  It enables the use of Qt applications written in perl. For more details
                  see the libqt4-qt3support package.

                  This Package is part of the PerlQt module.

                  Marc
                  http://shortwave dot tk
                  700+ Radio Stations on SW http://swstations dot tk
                  300+ languages on SW http://radiolanguages dot tk
                • Charles Brabham
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 18, 2013

                    I added the Philippines Typhoon EMCOM frequencies to the usual ARRL bulls for the Hamcast for this evening.

                    This is another way that SGARN Hamcasts can help amateurs stay informed.

                    73 DE Charles, N5PVL