Windows ver Fldigi crashing

  • oldcyberdude
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 8, 2013
      Running Fldigi ver 3.21.77 under Windows 7      When I left click on the WF button to bring up FFT and Scope  Fldigi crashes requiring restart.

      Right click brings up scope and left click returns WF.
      Second right click crashes fldigi

      Never able to bring up FFT

      Anybody else seeing this behavior?

      Dave,  WB5NHL
    • Lionel Booth
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 8, 2013
        I had .76 crashing in similar fashion on windows 8, then also on 8.1.  It still crashed in win 7 compatibility mode.  Never tried .77.  I have been on cw since then but will go back and see if I can quantify what was happening.

        I should have kept better data while it was crashing but ..........sorry.

        Lionel N5LB

        --
        Sent from Gmail Mobile

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 8, 2013
            On Fri, 08 Nov 2013 18:06:50 -0600
            w1hkj <w1hkj@...> wrote:

            > Makes me wonder why I never have an issue on my Windows 8 computer
            > when running fldigi. Nor on my Lenovo Netbook with Windows XP, SP3.
            >
            > Dave

            Well my desktop is XP SP3, and the netbook is Win7. the netbook would
            be a pain to setup, but the XP is easy. Edna's laptop is WIN7, guess it
            could be setup rather easily.

            Been a long time and I do mean long, that I've had fldigi crash.
            Usually pilot errors.

            Linux anyone ?????????

            Ed
          • Kirk
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 8, 2013

              You’re not alone.  I’m running both Windows 8 and 8.1 (two separate computers (I7’s) and two Flex-5000’s).  I’ve never had any problems!

              Kirk, K6KAR

              Makes me wonder why I never have an issue on my Windows 8 computer when running fldigi.  Nor on my Lenovo Netbook with Windows XP, SP3.

              Dave

              On 11/08/2013 04:53 PM, Lionel Booth wrote:

              I had .76 crashing in similar fashion on windows 8, then also on 8.1. It still crashed in win 7 compatibility mode. Never tried .77. I have been on cw since then but will go back and see if I can quantify what was happening.

              I should have kept better data while it was crashing but ..........sorry.

              Lionel N5LB

              --
              Sent from Gmail Mobile

            • IZ1TGH Roberto Waha
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 9, 2013
                Hi!
                2013/11/9 Ed <autek@...>
                 Linux anyone ?????????

                Penguins only here!
                (In a world with no fences and borders, who needs Windows and Gates?)
                Occasionally freezing, but never got a crash.

                73 de IZ1TGH Roberto

                --
                +------------=* IZ1TGH Roberto Waha - IZ1TGH@... *=-------------+
                |          El Senyor és la meva força, el Senyor el meu cant.         |
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 9, 2013
                  Hi all,
                  In my (limited) experience with FLDigi, all my crashes/hangs have been RF interference related.
                  ANY connection to my laptop has been choked to within an inch of it's life using big toroids (the
                  clip on ones don't work that well at HF freqs). This also makes the desk neat as all the spare cable
                  ends up on the toroids.
                  On a similar note, I had to give the same treatment to the wall warts that power various other
                  devices in my house; NAS, internet modem, ethernet switch. Even my wireless headphones needed choking!!
                  Make sure you also connect the ground connections of all your equipment together too. For the
                  laptop, I use the screw connections on the VGA connector.

                  Ian
                  VK1IAN
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 9, 2013
                    On Sun, 10 Nov 2013 09:24:47 +1100
                    Ian Bennett <ibennett@...> wrote:

                    > Hi all,
                    > In my (limited) experience with FLDigi, all my crashes/hangs
                    > have been RF interference related. ANY connection to my laptop has
                    > been choked to within an inch of it's life using big toroids (the
                    > clip on ones don't work that well at HF freqs). This also makes the
                    > desk neat as all the spare cable ends up on the toroids. On a similar
                    > note, I had to give the same treatment to the wall warts that power
                    > various other devices in my house; NAS, internet modem, ethernet
                    > switch. Even my wireless headphones needed choking!! Make sure you
                    > also connect the ground connections of all your equipment together
                    > too. For the laptop, I use the screw connections on the VGA connector.
                    >
                    > Ian
                    > VK1IAN

                    Excellent post and advice Ian....thanks

                    Ed W3NR
                  • Ing. Pavel Milanes Costa
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 11, 2013
                      El 08/11/13 19:14, Ed escribió:
                      > Linux anyone ?????????
                      Stable here... not a sungle crash... yet, Ubuntu 13.04

                      73 de CO7WT.
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 11, 2013
                        On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 14:24:32 -0500
                        "Ing. Pavel Milanes Costa" <pavel@...> wrote:

                        > El 08/11/13 19:14, Ed escribió:
                        > > Linux anyone ?????????
                        > Stable here... not a sungle crash... yet, Ubuntu 13.04
                        >
                        > 73 de CO7WT.

                        Just so everyone knows, I am a Linux user, presently Mint14. Solid and
                        stable.