Olivia preamble and minor FM Hell bugfix

  • Joe Veldhuis
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2006
      Here's a patch to add the standard preamble to Olivia signals (the
      'low-high-low-high' sequence you see at the beginning of everyone else's
      signals). I couldn't figure out how to send an explicit tone with the
      Olivia modem (it might not even be possible) so I just cut'n'pasted the
      RTTY modulator into the code and had it send a few symbols.

      The patch also fixes a minor bug in the FM Hell code I posted earlier.
      If you disabled the 'full reverse' option in src/hkj-config.h, you would
      not be able to reverse the tones, because I forgot to enable the reverse
      button in callbacks.c. Of course, since I'm sure most leave that option
      enabled and would never run into a situation where reversal was needed
      anyway, it is really not a big deal. Apply this patch AFTER you apply
      the FM Hell/QPSK63 patch posted earlier for the fix to work.

      Right now I'm trying to get reverse mode working in Olivia. Hope to get
      a patch out sometime this morning. I was working on implementing free
      frequency selection, but I ran into a wall trying to figure out how to
      get info from the trx struct into the functions in olivia/mfsk.h. For
      frequency select, I need to set the "FirstCarrier" variable in mfsk.h to
      32 * trx->{tx}frequency / 500. Anyone think they could give me a hand
      with that?

      -Joe, KD8ATU