Off Topic

  • jgmags2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 6, 2013
      Hello group, maybe someone can help me with this since I am fairly new to Linux using Mint15. Using PulseAudio, how do you save the settings? I have things all set up for Fldigi but when I go to another program that requires audio, i.e.SKYpe, I have to change all the settings for that program. Return to Fldigi and have to reset again. What am I not doing correctly?
      Thanks all for your help..
      73, John  KJ1J
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 6, 2013
        On 10/06/2013 03:14 PM, jgmags2000@... wrote:
        > Hello group, maybe someone can help me with this since I am fairly new to Linux
        > using Mint15. Using PulseAudio, how do you save the settings? I have things all
        > set up for Fldigi but when I go to another program that requires audio,
        > i.e.SKYpe, I have to change all the settings for that program. Return to Fldigi
        > and have to reset again. What am I not doing correctly?
        > Thanks all for your help..
        > 73, John KJ1J

        Are you using just 1 soundcard ?

        Pulse *should* remember individual settings per app.

        Ed W3NR
      • jgmags2000
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 6, 2013

          Yes ED, just one card with Reaktek HD Audio..

          John KJ1J

          ---In linuxham@yahoogroups.com, <linuxham@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          On 10/06/2013 03:14 PM, jgmags2000@... wrote:
          > Hello group, maybe someone can help me with this since I am fairly new to Linux
          > using Mint15. Using PulseAudio, how do you save the settings? I have things all
          > set up for Fldigi but when I go to another program that requires audio,
          > i.e.SKYpe, I have to change all the settings for that program. Return to Fldigi
          > and have to reset again. What am I not doing correctly?
          > Thanks all for your help..
          > 73, John KJ1J

          Are you using just 1 soundcard ?

          Pulse *should* remember individual settings per app.

          Ed W3NR
        • Dave Wright
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 6, 2013
            Do you have the PAVUCONTROL installed?